User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By jackal2001:

Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
Does anyone know how to adjust the elevation? Mine is shooting high an I am wondering if the front sight can move up and down or what options I have

There is no elevation adjustment on the GSG-5.

i got luck on that one, mine does not realy shoot high, mabey like an inch, but not enough for me to worry about it...
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the stuff coming guys.  I need more info, so start spending your money and buy accessories.  My stuff is taking forever to get here from China.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]

My stuff is taking forever to get here from China.

Thanks for supporting the communists.   I know, I know bring on the flame.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 6:33:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: llamanator] [#4]
Where can you order one of these gsg 5s with the dedicated suppressors like seen on the first page? Im not into the mock silencer, i want the real thing lol. Or where can you order it as an SBR and where can you buy the mount for the gemtech silencer? Send in my form1/4's, also gives me a reason to suppress my ar

edit: I found it on impact guns for $1194.99 but would this require both stamps? Or is it like the dedicated suppressor gsg 5 setup? or am i getting this totally wrong? lol. Regardless, I WANT ONE
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MacAttack] [#5]
I believe if you buy a rifle with a permanently attached suppressor then you only have to pay for 1 stamp.  Since the can is attached permanently it is the full legal size.   If you go with the SBR and then need to buy a can, then you would have to pay for 2 stamps.  Add to the cost of having your barrel cut down and threaded, receiver engraved and you actually are better off buying one with the can attached.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan] [#6]
damn, $1194.99 seems pretty steep. that's a $7oo .22 suppressor on a $5oo rifle before the $2oo tax stamp(s)
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By aIIan:
damn, $1194.99 seems pretty steep. that's a $7oo barrel on a $5oo rifle before the $2oo tax stamp

Um cans arent cheap
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan] [#8]
um thanks , i guess you're right but it still seems a bit high for a suppressor that'll be married to one rifle.

why not get an outback i can attach to all my .22s
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:

damn, $1194.99 seems pretty steep. that's a $7oo barrel on a $5oo rifle before the $2oo tax stamp

Um cans arent cheap

Guys lets not get into this here.  Can't aren't cheap.... uh some are, and others are $495.00.  Still, that is a bit of a steep price when you do the math, they are making one hell of a profit.  I would not go and get it from there.  Wait until Gemtech starts to advertise them to see what the cost is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
OST
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan] [#11]

Guys lets not get into this here.  Can't aren't cheap.... uh some are, and others are $495.00.  Still, that is a bit of a steep price when you do the math, they are making one hell of a profit.  I would not go and get it from there.  Wait until Gemtech starts to advertise them to see what the cost is.

gemtech quoted 1,195 in this thread.

i already have the rifle, all i'm interested in is the perm attached suppressor/barrel setup.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 8:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jackal2001] [#12]

i already have the rifle, all i'm interested in is the perm attached suppressor/barrel setup.

OK I didn't see that, I only heard of Impact Guns selling them as a complete package.  Sorry, my mistake.
I updated the NFA: SBR/Suppressor section at the bottom with the info from Gemtech.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]

i already have the rifle, all I'm interested in is the perm attached suppressor/barrel setup.

I am working with a local Suppressor manufacture SRT ARMS for solutions in suppressing the GSG 5.

keep an eye on this .thread
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]
if you think about it ....... 150 for the cut and crown, 45 for the adapter, 325 for an outbackII can that adds up to 520, add 500 for the rifle itself thats 1020 right there and 1195 for the complete rifle, so they are adding 175 bucks into it somewhere.  unless they are not using the outbackII can and somethng completely different and it costs more to produce.
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]

um thanks , i guess you're right but it still seems a bit high for a suppressor that'll be married to one rifle.

why not get an outback i can attach to all my .22s

+1..if i get a supressor ill be doing this, 2 tax stamps for the GSG, but you will have a supressor you can put on any 22s
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#16]
thats where my delima is .... do I buy a 223 can that I can use on my AR and all my 22's and pay two tax stamps but be able to use the one can on three platforms ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2008 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag for future purchase....
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Tagalishous.

I'm taking my GSG out to the range for the first time tomorrow afternoon, I've got a low pro mount, and I've got an Old Adco Red-dot sight in low profile weaver 1" rings that allow co-witness with the "iron" sights on the GSG .

Link Posted: 2/14/2008 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:
Tagalishous.

I'm taking my GSG out to the range for the first time tomorrow afternoon, I've got a low pro mount, and I've got an Old Adco Red-dot sight in low profile weaver 1" rings that allow co-witness with the "iron" sights on the GSG .

nice, i wanna see a pic!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I just picked mine up.

Somebody definitely test fired it.  The bolt face is pretty dirty.

Looks sweet.  Hope I get to shoot it this weekend, next weekend for sure.

Link Posted: 2/14/2008 8:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EchoAngel17] [#22]

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
Mine was being packed up, along with 16 others, when I spoke to GM yesterday.  I think it will ship Monday.

About the mags:  I already have some in and loaded them.  They feel a little...odd.  Sticky, even.  Do they need to be loaded and unloaded a few times to break them in?

Hey fellow GSG gonna be owner....Gordon told me that mine was shipping today. I will let everyone know if I hear anything else.
He also is getting the rest of his shipment Friday that he was promissed so....if you call you may get one. I know he is taking orders....

Scratch that....you are also a rat bastard now for getting one without me.....bastards....

Echo
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By EchoAngel17:

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
Mine was being packed up, along with 16 others, when I spoke to GM yesterday.  I think it will ship Monday.

About the mags:  I already have some in and loaded them.  They feel a little...odd.  Sticky, even.  Do they need to be loaded and unloaded a few times to break them in?

Hey fellow GSG gonna be owner....Gordon told me that mine was shipping today. I will let everyone know if I hear anything else.
He also is getting the rest of his shipment Friday that he was promissed so....if you call you may get one. I know he is taking orders....

Scratch that....you are also a rat bastard now for getting one without me.....bastards....

Echo

Where the hell is YOURS ?????????
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
It is a long story but it will have a happy ending.....my FFL never got to Gordon...
He was gracious to hold the rifle but I needed to scramble to get what he needed.
It took a little back and forth to get it done but we did...payment was made...rifle on the way....

by the way, I am still on Atlantic's list...and still haven't heard anything from the but to tell me I am on the list....That is the one I will SBR only. I have an extra QD mount for a can I have...
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 9:36:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outsydlooknin75] [#25]
heres MINE

dont gimme shit about the bad photo quality ..... I cant find the digital so I used the webcam and took stills

BTW that is a MNT-606H New Gen HK Claw Mount
      Double Picatinny Rails for Versatile Applications
      Additional STANAG Dimension

with a BSA red dot on top and a NcStar GREEN laser with pressure switch on the side
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#26]
UPDATE: Im running the UTG scope mount, fits great, its a real PITA to get it to align properly, but once you do, it works great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Do you guys dry fire your GSG's??????  i did not at first but i got sick of having to dick with my littel red decocker thingy...

Slimjim, i love the way the UTG looks, i think it looks the best out of all of them, and its nice and solid...

like u said though its bitchy to get it on straight but once u do its well worth it...i tightend up the rear screws first then tightened the front ones till it was level...

the next thing i wanna do is remove the mag disconect and put a stronger spring on the hammer so it strikes a little harder, mine has only had 1 light strike so far, but i dont want this to become a problem in the future and it seems to me in general it should be striking slightly harder...i just need to work up the nerve to take apart the lower, im just scared of loosing a spring or something...
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#28]
mine didn't have a red thing so, yes.

one thing i don't like though is the trigger, i've shot bb guns with better triggers
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By Heineken:
Do you guys dry fire your GSG's??????  i did not at first but i got sick of having to dick with my littel red decocker thingy...

Slimjim, i love the way the UTG looks, i think it looks the best out of all of them, and its nice and solid...

like u said though its bitchy to get it on straight but once u do its well worth it...i tightend up the rear screws first then tightened the front ones till it was level...

the next thing i wanna do is remove the mag disconect and put a stronger spring on the hammer so it strikes a little harder, mine has only had 1 light strike so far, but i dont want this to become a problem in the future and it seems to me in general it should be striking slightly harder...i just need to work up the nerve to take apart the lower, im just scared of loosing a spring or something...

You shouldnt dry fire any .22, its really not good for them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2008 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#30]
you can't decock (disassemble) without pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By Slimjim:

You shouldnt dry fire any .22, its really not good for them.

Snap Cap's
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 11:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Beers78n9] [#32]
I do not think they make Snap Caps in .22lr

EDIT: Me bad, found em

.22lr Snap Caps+
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Beers78n9:
I do not think they make Snap Caps in .22lr

EDIT: Me bad, found em

.22lr Snap Caps+

Looks like an earplug.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#34]
will they import the pistol or would baft allow them to import them
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I got my optic and mount, it only took 2-3 days to get here. I ordered from redwolfairsoft.com but it came signature required and had to go to fedex to get it since they didn't leave it at my house.  Tomorrow I'll play around with the optic and take pictures.

I also went to the range this afternoon, finally and broke her cherry.  Fired a complete 550 round box of Fed Value Pack ammo.  6 failures, all related to ammo.... it didn't go boom.  Mine shoots about 3 inches high at 25 yards, but I was doing some 5 round groups that were about dime size as well.  Accuracy is very good, but just a bit high.  My optic should fix that.

I am very happy with it.  I just need more mags and someone to reload them while I am shooting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Silly question. Can you remove the bolt assembly without disassembling the reciever.
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Silly question. Can you remove the bolt assembly without disassembling the reciever.

No you must remove the lower trigger group as well ................. its only one more screw
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]

if you mean, can you remove it without taking the clam shell design apart then yes, i was wondering this before i got mine, i was hoping you could slide it out the back and not have to take the whole half off, thus having to remove and claw mount and or optic, and yes you can...
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#39]

if you mean, can you remove it without taking the clam shell design apart then yes, i was wondering this before i got mine, i was hoping you could slide it out the back and not have to take the whole half off, thus having to remove and claw mount and or optic, and yes you can...

yeah .... what he said ..... you dont have to take the two halves apart
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#40]
You only need to seperate the shell of the GSG if you want to remove the barrel.  It is not necessary.
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Only three available total at the gunshow today. I took two of em. . Consecutive S/N's. Can't wait to get to the range tommorow.

Link Posted: 2/16/2008 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By CFII:
Got mine today, and put 300 rounds through it. What a freaking blast. I hit our LT targets out to 150m with little trouble, and at 100 you can run doubletaps on our targets all day long...

seeing a positive post from you about the GSG 5 makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I just ordered a Sightmark Reflex Sight because I don't know what the hell I want to put on this thing.  I have a GP121 aimpoint clone as well that I ordered.  When I find the one I want and like, I'll most likely just sell the other one.  With this stuff being so cheap, you can buy all kinds of optics.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#44]

I just ordered a Sightmark Reflex Sight because I don't know what the hell I want to put on this thing.  I have a GP121 aimpoint clone as well that I ordered.  When I find the one I want and like, I'll most likely just sell the other one.  With this stuff being so cheap, you can buy all kinds of optics.

I just ordered the AP clone as well. In regards to that Sightmark. I had a similar one come with my Sig 556. I put it on my dedicated .22 AR upper and it works quite well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By Lakeguy:

I just ordered the AP clone as well. In regards to that Sightmark. I had a similar one come with my Sig 556. I put it on my dedicated .22 AR upper and it works quite well.

Cool!  Thanks for the info.  I am trying to find reviews on them, but there are so many brands out there.  Some say they are good, others say they are junk and when you switch recticles, they don't hold a zero - best to just leave it on one you like.  Hopefully It will work out well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
RANGE REPORT: I finally got the GSG-5 to the range, Its everything i expected and more. No problems except for 2 bad rounds of federal value pack, This gun ate stingers, hypercelocity aguila, value pack, velocitors, and never stopped. Very very accurate at 25 yards, I put a BSA red dot on it, on the UTG mount, its holding zero very well. I was cutting the center out of the target with this gun.

This is getting that permanent suppressor from gemtech, once they announce the price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 6:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USCSOLDIER] [#47]
I went with one of these 4 now CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By USCSOLDIER:
I went with one of these 4 now CLICK HERE

dont waste you money on those .... they are pure JUNK ...... spend a few more bucks and get a rail and a red dot separately ...... Ive got a high rise mount on mine that allows the use of iron sights and has a secondary rail on the side for a light OR like I did I added a green laser just for cool factor .... I think I am going to look into a Daniel Defense offset light mount and put it on the top rail infront of the red dot so that way it will hang the light off the right side or I may mount it behind the red dot on the right side as well just cause I dont know if Ill do a forearm rail or not.  I dont like the look of them with a VFG so I know I wouldnt put a VFG on it so why put a front rail is my thoughts.  Plus to me I think they are a little front heavy as well and keeping everything closer to the midpoint might improve the balance
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 8:26:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jackal2001] [#49]
There have been some people around the net concerned with light primer strikes.  I updated the first page with macro shots of the GSG-5 primer strikes compared to an unknown .22 strike.  It is toward the bottom where the airsoft links are on page 1.

If anyone out there has primer strikes that are on the extreme side, either lighter or heavier than my GSG-5, please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#50]
we put a little over 5oo rounds down range today with out a hiccup. cci sv fwiw.
Page / 6
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top