Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 5:07:51 PM EDT
I have little to no experience with knives. However I want to get a good all around multi-purpose knife for the field. I need suggestions on some. I have been looking at the Glock field knife, K-Bar and few others. Let me know
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Cold Steel SRK is a good choice....

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll 2nd Mr Wilson on the Cold Steel SRK 6" carbon V blade...as sharp as a knife can get.  Perfect balance and feel at a good price.  You should be able to pick one up for $50-65 or so.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I held a Glock Knife today. Too light and just didn't feel sturdy? I need a knife that has some umpf!! Know your holding something! Then again, I don't want a two pounder either? How about the SOG knife (Seal)? I'll try to find the cold steel one to hold as well. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Becker Knife and Tool company knives.  I have been extremely impressed with there BK7, BK9, and BK10.  Very heavy duty knives.  And you cant really beat the prices.  Plus they all come with a nylon and kydex sheath.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The SRK is a good knife. I've used one for years. The Cold Steel Trailmaster is bigger and also more expensive. If you get a Cold Steel knife, get one with a Carbon V blade.

SOG knives are okay. I have a SOG Government but to be honest I haven't used it that much. I think most SOG knives are AUS6 steel. It's an okay high-end stainless but not as good as AUS8 or ATSxx or some of the others.

Check out the Fallkniven knives. They're made in Sweden with VG10 steel and they're highly regarded by outdoor enthusiasts.

www.fallkniven.com/next-index.htm
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Seal Pup is a great knife! Not too big not too small, juuuuuuuuuust right. And inexpensive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to put in another vote for the SRK , I was sold the day I used it to split logs.....

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
For a slim/light but still strong one try the Benchmade Nimravus in M2 steel.  I really like my Cold Steel recon scout for a heavier more field oriented knife. It's basically a shortened Trailmaster. Mine's in carbonV.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree.  I have the Nimravus cub in the M2 steel.  It is one of my favorite knives, and the M2 steel cuts like a bat out of hell!  I also have the full size Nimravus in the ATS 34 steel, but I like size of the cub better.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top