Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/30/2003 9:25:36 PM EDT
Like to find out what is most popular recticles for the 50bmg shooters shooting looong tanges. i'm interested in the 5.5x22x56 model. Recticle models-np-1,np-2dd,np-1rr,np-r2,and the ch one.I like the mildot one,but it probably useless at the extreme ranges(beyond 1,000 yrds). I'm wondering if the np-1,np-2dd,np-1rr are best suited? Also what range is the ranging(bottom portion of the scope) setup for(distance range)?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:21:03 AM EDT
NP-R2 ..... I love it!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
I bought a NXS 5.5-22x from Don last month for my new AR-50 and couldn't be happier. I called the good folks at Nightforce and quizzed them over different reticles before I ordered the scope. For my type of shooting - benchrest on a measured range - Nightforce said I would be happier with the NPR2, which is marked off in MOA and corresponds to the turret clicks. I considered the Mil-Dot for my AR-50, because I have a Mil-Dot scope on my 300 Ultra Mag which I use for open country mule deer hunting. I know how to use the Mil-Dot and like it a lot, but in benchrest, knowing the range, the NPR2 has turned out to be a better choice for my AR-50.

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top