User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JK-919:
How does the SCAR L compare to similar extruded aluminum upper guns like the CZ BREN?
View Quote
We haven't had any failures with the Bren receiver up to this point. The SCAR only suffered a cracked bolt rail that's screwed to the receiver.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
I'm not sure which aluminum lower receiver to go with at this point but there's no saving this lower. The pistol grip suffered a catastrophic failure and sheared from the housing. The staff said that it happened while on the range and the customer didn't even notice it. It looked like a the grip came loose as the customer was bursting the weapon. This particular rifle has been on the line for several years and no idea of the round count.

V/R
Ron

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125089/Broken_SCAR17_jpg-1141366.JPG
View Quote
You had my interest before, but now you have my attention. Tagged.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Stopped in on Thursday the 12th and ran a couple of mags through the SCAR H.  It ran perfectly!  No idea on how long you have had that weapon running there, but I was impressed.

The MG-42 was awesome too!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Both SCAR's see plenty of use every day of the week and from the feedback from my staff, they both function on the same level without any reliability issues.

I haven't checked for canted bolts on that area but I will make sure I do tomorrow. The only bolts we lost are the machine screws that hold the rails in place on the receiver.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Did you ever get a chance to see if any canting/egging of the holes took place?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Apec:

Did you ever get a chance to see if any canting/egging of the holes took place?
View Quote

No egging of the holes have been found on our SCAR's.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aussiepwnage] [#6]
Any FN-15s (FN AR15) at BFV?  I know you’ve said you use primarily PSA and Colt but I had to ask.  Love all of your threads!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The FN-45 was mentioned early in this thread and brought up a few more times; I am curious how they are holding up for you and also whether they are FNP-45s or FNX-45s. If they are FNX's, did you initially have FNP's?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#8]
bump
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I r realize this is the thread from the dead but thank you for posting all this info and your other threads.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Have had no issues with my 509T [Tactical], but FN has gone the way of HK. No spare parts even from the factory. Bought mine used and it only had about half the optic kit with it. Of course it's proprietary and I need the plastic spacer plate to mount a Holosun 507 [RMR footprint]. Nope, not available from factory or any vendors. Missing one of the grip inserts, again, not available. Had same issues with lack of parts with a previous FNX-45 Tactical. Like them, but never going to buy another since little support -- and these are still cataloged, doomed if it becomes "orphaned".
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dajr:
Have had no issues with my 509T [Tactical], but FN has gone the way of HK. No spare parts even from the factory. Bought mine used and it only had about half the optic kit with it. Of course it's proprietary and I need the plastic spacer plate to mount a Holosun 507 [RMR footprint]. Nope, not available from factory or any vendors. Missing one of the grip inserts, again, not available. Had same issues with lack of parts with a previous FNX-45 Tactical. Like them, but never going to buy another since little support -- and these are still cataloged, doomed if it becomes "orphaned".
View Quote

Midwest has grip inserts https://www.midwestgunworks.com/fn-509-backstraps.html

AJ
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I know about Midwest Gunworks  being FN's "authorized" dealer for parts. But, for example, FDE grip inserts for 509 & 509 Tactical -- only small is available! No sets of three, no individual medium or large either from MGW or FN directly. Been like this for a couple of years, sometimes a few appear and then not available for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]

No egging of the holes have been found on our SCAR's.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Do you all have any Bren 2MS's and if so how's the reliability with bolts and such?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Ron, do customers get to shoot the M249 w/ mags or only belts?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate to be the one to point the out. But he hasn’t responded to this thread since 2020. I think it’s done. Time for the archives.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Can anyone get Ron to comment on how the FN Scars have been holding up?   Round count?
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
I hate to be the one to point the out. But he hasn't responded to this thread since 2020. I think it's done. Time for the archives.
View Quote

His last post was April.

Maybe he'll come back if asked?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ken_mays] [#18]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CavVet: Maybe he'll come back if asked?
View Quote

@HendersonDefense
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top