Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:01:48 PM EDT
Anybody know if Bryon at MM sells these.

Anybody here use one. I am interested in the SS model.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:28:57 PM EDT
I have a Checkmate QD. Sweet can for an extremely good price. I was able to get mine directly from them though, so I can't help you with your question about MM. I will be calling MM next week to order a Trident 9 - Griffin Armament doesn't make a 9mm can, otherwise I'd buy one from them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:20:23 PM EDT
I believe msrp for the stainless one is $245. From what I have read they are pretty good can. I was thinking of going with a YHM mite or a TAC 65, but the checkmate seems like a better can.

I have no experience with any rim fire cans though. Just lookiing for some input.

I have a YHM .30 phantom that I am happy with, but I heard their mite is a bit loud for a rim fire can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:04:50 PM EDT
I'm planning on ordering one next week. Full stainless. From what I've heard its a solid can and the price is good. I'm ordering direct.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:46:38 AM EDT
GreenO will probly reply here eventually; he's at training for awhile I think.

I bought a .308 can from them and you just pay through paypal and they will transfer it straight to your dealer of choice. From what he (owner of Griffin Armament/Hearing Protection LLC) told me, they don't use distributors at all; they just sell direct to the customers.

fwiw, a Checkmate hybrid will be my next can purchase.

- 22 mag rated
- 17 hmr rated
- at home take-apart
- 5.9 oz
- $225

yes, I will take one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:32:58 PM EDT
I have one and it's a solid can. It may not be the quietest, but it's quiet enough to be enjoyable and to scare my liberal friends. The QD feature is well worth it alone if you are going to be switching between multiple hosts often. (which I do) Unless you are going to do "the dip" I don't really see the point in getting the all SS can. The core is still SS either way so you can bead blast or dip that, but the black anodized aluminum tube is so sexy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:14:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:54:59 PM EDT
So you're saying we can still get in on the website pricing for a 'lil bit longer, eh? hmmm, might just have to jump on that then. I can't find an advertised MSRP anywhere. How many $$$ is it goin up to?

My scout just came in a couple days ago, finally... Man, that took a LONG time, eh. The dealer thought it was a used can at first and then figured there were marks or something from the SS welding process.

now the next wait begins...

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:05:12 PM EDT
I am definitely interested in purchasing a Checkmate Hybrid in the next month or so. Hope I can get the direct pricing when it is time to buy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 5:37:06 PM EDT by Green0]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:31:22 PM EDT
Thanks. I'm not worried about what it looks like, I was just surprised when the dealer asked me if I bought a used can. I painted both of my YHM rifle cans with Rustoleum Flat Camo paint... They "match" the rifles they live on and work just fine. As long as you (the manufacturer) don't care if I paint the Scout with that paint, I could care less about "handling marks" or whatever. I just figure when it's mostly worn off I will just clean and reapply it. I haven't shot it yet, obviously, but I am aware it was a really good deal, that's why I was willing to wait the extra to get it. I'm guessing if I ordered a Checkmate tomorrow the F3 transfer wouldn't take 5 months, eh?

While we're talking about it... Can I leave the Scout "permanently" attached to a Savage 10fcp? Should I store it muzzle up or down? Would it matter if the action stays closed or open during storage?

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:41:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 8:42:25 PM EDT by Green0]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:13:43 AM EDT
Thanks for all the info guys. I think this will be my next can. I plan on usising it on a Ruger 10/22, MkII, and glock with my advantage arms conversion kit. Now I just have to decide which one to get.

.30 cal cans for $275.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:31:04 PM EDT
I was wondering if you still have any of the 556 Spartans available. This woul dbe my third can, first in other an 22LR. The price on your website is very attractive and you have a local dealer listed on your website. :-)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:43:09 PM EDT
I bought one of the "closeout" .308 Scouts a few months ago and I think there were only one or two left then. It just finally came in the other day, I haven't even gone down there to look at it yet. I need to get off my duff and take a check down there...

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:18:59 PM EDT
Ill put in a big +1 for Griffin Armament and the Checkmate. I love mine. Great can
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:07:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By benjio:
So you're saying we can still get in on the website pricing for a 'lil bit longer, eh? hmmm, might just have to jump on that then. I can't find an advertised MSRP anywhere. How many $$$ is it goin up to?

If it helps, I bought my Checkmate QD from ADCO Firearms for $350.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:19:03 AM EDT
GreenO is the sound reduction on these about the same. I at first thought about the the SS model, but now I am leaning towards the Hybrid.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:06:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 11:10:04 PM EDT by Green0]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:28:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RafterMan:
Thanks for all the info guys. I think this will be my next can. I plan on usising it on a Ruger 10/22, MkII, and glock with my advantage arms conversion kit. Now I just have to decide which one to get.

.30 cal cans for $275.

Have you given any thought to the QD? It would make rotating between 3 hosts alot easier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:09:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RafterMan:
I believe msrp for the stainless one is $245. From what I have read they are pretty good can. I was thinking of going with a YHM mite or a TAC 65, but the checkmate seems like a better can.

I have no experience with any rim fire cans though. Just lookiing for some input.

I have a YHM .30 phantom that I am happy with, but I heard their mite is a bit loud for a rim fire can.

I have a TAC65 and a stainless YHM Mite. In my opinion the Mite is a better suppressor.

I also sent off a form4 for the Full Stainless Checkmate today

Top Top