Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 9:42:04 AM EDT
I just got my latest toy in, Bushmaster 16" / M-4 /A-3, and it is sweet.........

I'm going to shoot a little this afternoon..

Wil keep all updated on how it handles..

The first thing I noticed when I took it out of the case, was the lack of weight compared to the HBAR carbines...

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand why the post won't link to the picture now, because it was working earlier?

Anyway, I did put some rounds through it today..

This amazed me today!

When I arrived at the range today, to sight in, I had already checked the bore, and lubed her up real good..

I loaded five in the magazine, held the rifle out in front of me, turned my face away and pulled the trigger..  ( I always do this with guns that are brand new, or very old)

Okay,  so it went bang..

So far so good..

Then I haphazardly aimed at the 100 yard 1'x2' plate, pulled the trigger, and was surprised to hear a nice "dinggggggggg"....

So I did it again, and again until the magazine was empty!

So I set up a target at 25 yards, and set out to fire a group, and fired a 3 shot group under 1"

Then at 50 yards around an inch...

and again at 100 yards, and fired several groups under 2", resting on my range bag.

To get to the point, I am extremelly impressed, I've never taken a rifle out of the box and had it shoot so accurately, and need almost no adjustment to sight in!

I adjusted the elevation 2 clicks up, and that's it!

I'm at about 2-MOA, straight out of the box off of an improvised rest!

Very impressive..

In the past, I've owned a Bushmaster Shorty AK, and a Rock River DCM, and neither of those was set up so well...

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same experience with my Bushy 16" HBAR.  Two clicks of elevation and I was right on!  It really tells how wore out the M-16's that I qualify on every two years are.  I can't hit sh*t with those.  Love my Bushy.  Now I want a 20"!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Similar experiance here with the Bushmaster M4 A3 kit I just built from Gunsmoke.  Right from the start extremely accurate, however the M4 A2 that I bought from Impact Guns  has never been able to be zeroed correctly and after talking to the folks at Bushmaster Im sending the upper back to have the indexing and torque checked adjusted and set correctly.  I guess even Bushy isnt perfect but I have to say they responded right away and will correct the trouble under warranty for no charge, so I am still a fan of thiers.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't beat a BM!!!
 Sure wish my department had heeded this info.  They bought two Armalites, one has been down for nearly three months.  Even got "fixed" and when it was returned by the factory the problem had never even been touched.  Makes you scratch the ole knoggin'.

I love my Bushy.  M-4 14.5 bbl with OKO Red Dot.  It is nice and shoots like a dream!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
here ya go LAWDOGKMS:

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is a 16 inch V-Match. Will shoot my handload into 1/4 inch 25% of the time, 3/8 inch almost all the time and 1/2 inch with my eyes closed. No surprise to me that your shoots so well. ENJOY!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top