Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2002 5:38:57 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the USP with the LEM trigger group?  And is it available for civilian purchase yet?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 of the USPc 40 LEM variants.  I swapped one barrel with the .357 sig barrel and I gave the other one to my wife.

The LEM is currently only available in the USPc 40SW.  The ones that are floating in dealer hands right now are excess of a USDOJ-INS contract.  They originally ordered 4000 units but purchased only 3000.  The remaining 1000 units were released to LE Distributors.  I purchased my two last year in October and December.  A third one was purchased in February of this year.

Two places you might want to try is www.lesales.com and www.calssportingarmory.com

I got mine for $649 with factory night sights and 3 10-rd mags.

The trigger pull is the slickest of the DAO pistols I've tried.  You can change the weight from 8 lbs to 4.5 lbs with just a spring change.  The reset distance is very short ( shorter than that of a glock)  My wife sold her Glock 23 soon after she tried my USP40c-LEM.

HK has no current plans to manufacture any other LEM Variant for this year.  However, there is talk of a full-sized USP w/ LEM trigger for next year.  Also there have been rumors of LEM kits for current USP models. But that's just speculation at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top