Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 9:01:41 PM EDT
 Stopped by my dad's house today and he tells me he found something.  He pulls something out of the closet and I can't believe my eyes.  It is my first BB gun that I had thought long gone 15 years ago.

It has seen some abuse since I last saw it.  The barrel is missing (not the outer case, but the actual .177 barrel) and maybe some other parts.  I already wrote Daisy an email to inquire about parts diagrams and availability but I thought I would run it by you guys to see if anyone has dealt with these before.

It is a Daisy Model 99B.  "99 Champion" is written in gold on the reciever and it has a medallion on the stock that reads "Official Shooting Education  BB Gun By Daisy"  It has an adjustable rear peep sight and a hooded front sight with interchangable reticles.

For those who would ask "Why bother" - just because.  I can't begin to estimate how many hours of fun I had with this gun over the years - or the trouble I got in shooting my mom's rose buds off the plant .
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I just torn a friends Daisy apart a few months ago.  The big thing is to polish the air chamber(rust) and check the rubber pressure plunger.

I used some fine steel wool and spun it on a nylon shoot gun brush to polish the chamber.   I also pulled the forcing assembly(piston) apart and found old oil that had gum'd up.

After cleaning up the Red Rider, we must of used half a tube of bb's tearing up cans in the garage. He's had the rifle for 30 plus years and wanted to give it to his kid to start shooting.

P.S. My first BB gun was the lever type(Saddle gun). I must have had the rifle taken away more than a few times by destroying things around the back yard. That's ok, It gave me time to horn my skills with my wrist-rocket slingshot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response Dano, I'll be sure to do that.  My main concern right now is finding a barrel for it.  My son already has a BB gun that he is learning on - I seem to remember my old one being a lot more accurate...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top