Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 7:16:40 PM EDT
I ended up getting a Winchester Defender and it's a great shooting gun. Only problem I've had is that when the safety button is pushed ever so slightly, the slide and bolt assembly drop about half an inch away from the round (when held vertically) or a quarter of an inch or less (when held horizontally), prohibiting the trigger from being pulled. I was told that this takes more than 50 rounds of break in time, however I was wondering if there's a more immediate way to remedy this problem. If the shotgun were ever needed and this happened, I can't think of anything good that would come of it. Any suggestions are welcome!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Take the Winchester to a gun dealer and trade all the parts for a Remington 870?

I don't know about Winchester 1300's.  I always thought they were supposed to be a very good firearm.
I'd considered getting one, except the safety button was in the front of the triggerguard, contrary to everything else I had (i.e., the rear of the triggerguard ).

Have a 'smith look at it and/or contact Winchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top