Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2002 7:38:54 PM EDT
I am interested in learning more about Palma and about mini palma.  What is the equiptment and what type of rifle do i need. Where is this event held what states.  I am a three position small bore shooter and a high power shooter as well.  I have a UIT shooting coat and pants do i need these or what do i need.
thanks in advance
RBL_Gunslinger
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about Palma, but I was curious what type of rifle you use for three position smallbore? I am looking for a good .22 target rifle for 50 and 100yd prone matches. Just wondering what types of rifles you see most of.  Right now, I am looking real hard at the Anschutz 64MP. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
RBL:

Mini-palma is a smallbore prone game fired (typically) at 100 yards and (occasionally) at 200 yards.  Go to Grant Ubl's site on the Delphi forums for more info and download practice targets.

Mach1:
The 64 series actions are OK but are designed as a beginner rifle (IMO).  That being said, they can still outshoot 95-98 percent of the people that pick them up.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 64MP and think it is a fine fine rifle but have grown to love my H&R M12. Heavy sumbitch but the extra weight over my 64 has helped my offhand scores this winter.

There are a few M12s still out there, some with the sights that came on them from the CMP but most do not have sights.

I saw one up for auction on WWW.Auctionarms.comwith the Redfield sights. Basic auction that was last listed at $499.

Good deal on that IMHO, especially with the sights.

We shoot mini-palma at 200 yards and it is an absolute blast. I wish we shot it more. First time I shot I was amazed that .22s were that accurate at 200 yards. We shoot any sights, you can use a sling or a coat.

I would highly recommend taking a long look at an M12. I'd call it a poor man's Winchester M52. Mine shoots sub MOA with PMC Scoremaster and will shoot even better when fed Eley.

HTH
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info
and as far as the Anschutz is concerned go with a 54 Action instead of a 64 much better trigger and let off
an excelent 3 position rifle is the 1907 or the 1913 depending on how much you want to spend.
Definetly stay away from the 2000 rifles though.  They are having alot of problems bedding them correctly
RBL_Gusnlinger
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I am shooting  in a Mini-palma match on May 18 in Port Huron Michigan. If you are interested I can give you the contact persons email for the info. I think we are two classes scoped and non scoped. We are shooting at 100 yards. I will be using my Mossberg model 44.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks but Michigan is a little too far.  I need ones in Illinois or Missouri or Iowa.  If you know of any in those states please notify me
RBL_Gunslinger
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont know what the bid deal is. Michigan Is only one state over from Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The big deal is Michigan is an 8 hour drive for number one.  Number two i am a poor college student.  I would like to go to this event but money is kinda important huh?
[>(] RBL_Gunslinger
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Sixgun could you post that contact info please?  I live outside of Flint and it sounds like a blast.  I will bring my vintage BSA Martini International MKII with PH sights and a 6 oz trigger.  It's nice to know I may have found a use for a 15lb unscoped 22lr, I convinced my wife I HAD TO HAVE.  Turns out not places to shoot ISU small bore in Michigan!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top