Posted: 2/25/2002 10:01:32 PM EDT
Who does it, phone # please??
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:28:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Z-Kote
Pricing shown is subject to change based on specific requirements and options:
Rifles $179.00
Handguns $155.00

they have a web site, cna't remember it though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]

The answer is YOU.  This was what I did with a 10 buck bowflage package and a half hour of time.  There may be a company that will do a perm camo job on your AR, but what happens when you decide later to go hunting/shtf ect in the desert during winter or whatever.  Bowflage provides you the ability to tailor your weapon camo to whatever enviroment you are working/playing/surviving in.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Camotech has the largest selection of patterns I've seen.  Lots of pics of different patterns both domestic and foreign at www.camotech.com.  They offer different types of coatings too.  Located in Fort Worth after their move from CA.  817-293-6842.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
lucasf...NICE JOB!  Looks like an SF rifle from Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
www.lauerweaponry.com
1-800-830-6677

Some of there work

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Camotech has the largest selection of patterns I've seen.  Lots of pics of different patterns both domestic and foreign at www.camotech.com.  They offer different types of coatings too.  Located in Fort Worth after their move from CA.  817-293-6842.

Cheit! right down the road.

Arock, will they do complete rifles if they are hand delivered (the website states they have no FFL).  
If you have had a rifle camo'ed by these folks could you comment on the durability of the paint?
Thx
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a great thread I read earlier on the do-it-yourself camo jobs with bowflage and others.  I plan on doing a desert camo on my 9mm AR hand guards and stock, once I get it.  It just got ordered today!!  

Savvysurvivor.com has an article about gun camo and recommends Krylon camo paint.  Cheap, effective, etc.  I may look into that too.

Does anyone know where the thread is on camo for your gun???
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I JUST finished painting mine yesterday.  Finished in something like 6 color desert day camo using airbrush and automotive paint.  Goes on in a few minutes and dries for other colors in ten minutes.  I'll see if I can add a pic......
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheit! right down the road.

Arock, will they do complete rifles if they are hand delivered (the website states they have no FFL).  
If you have had a rifle camo'ed by these folks could you comment on the durability of the paint?
Thx

Boomer...No I haven't had an example of their work yet.  Personally I'm more inclined to go the Bowflage route and Camotech's advertised finishes are more permanent.  I KNOW I'm gonna want to change it.  I AM going to call them to see if they'd apply Bowflage in a 3-color night desert pattern tho'.  Only way I'd want a permanent camo job is if I was in serious LOVE with the pattern.  Haven't found that one yet.  However the tiger stripe on the female above comes pretty close!

I don't know the details about doing a complete rifle.  Instead of doing the whole rifle at once, maybe take parts at different times and get a complete coverage job that way.

Maybe we ought'a setup a visit by the local guys interested and see what they got...  I'm in serious need of some Angelo's BBQ.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Maybe we ought'a setup a visit by the local guys interested and see what they got...  I'm in serious need of some Angelo's BBQ.

That sounds like a plan. They can give me examples of their camo work on my AR hardcases

Anjelos?
Thats the joint on Wht Settlement with the white patio or deck, correct? Sort of behind the old McGomery Ward bld?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a plan. They can give me examples of their camo work on my AR hardcases

Anjelos?
Thats the joint on Wht Settlement with the white patio or deck, correct? Sort of behind the old McGomery Ward bld?

First things first...Angelo's is on White Settlement Road about two blocks east of University on the south side of White Settlement.  Don't remember a patio but the two dining rooms are large.  And it is near the old Monkey Ward building.  Now I'm hungry for some brisket...

I emailed Camotech right after I posted and am waiting on their reply.  Guess we ought'a see who's interested in going and when the best time is.  I can make it on weekends but an evening visit might work too.  Gotta be close to mealtime tho'.  Who's interested?...
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I emailed Camotech right after I posted and am waiting on their reply.  Guess we ought'a see who's interested in going and when the best time is.  I can make it on weekends but an evening visit might work too.  Gotta be close to mealtime tho'.  Who's interested?...

I would be interested in meeting some other local AR rifle enthusiasts. There also is an Irish pub about a block from Anjelo’s, if anyone was interested in a beer and game of pool after we ate.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would be interested in meeting some other local AR rifle enthusiasts. There also is an Irish pub about a block from Anjelo’s, if anyone was interested in a beer and game of pool after we ate.

Fire Mission.

Jarhead_22 we need Ground Control.

Arock sending.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Fire Mission.

Jarhead_22 we need Ground Control.

Arock sending.

Arock,
Did you used to work as a Mfgr's Rep?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Arock,
Did you used to work as a Mfgr's Rep?

Yes.  Still am.  Electronic widgets.  Am I in trouble again?  Can you give me some bearings here?...
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright guys, I talked to the owner of Camotech and we have an invitation to visit his operation and see his handiwork.  The owner is a former Marine from the Persian Gulf theater so he talks our language.  A weekend day is agreeable with him.  What say we aim for one of the next two Saturdays and see what works.  His operation is in Burleson so it's convenient for the Metroplex guys.

Let me hear back from who's interested.  I'll contact DonR, Jarhead_22, LT, Mojo and a couple more.

**Edited to say I'm starting a new thread titled "Camotech visit" to clean this up and organize the visit.

Arock sending.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Jarhead is in.

Switching to alternate frequency. (Camotech visit thread)

Out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top