Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 4:23:17 PM EDT
Hi,
  I was reading that there's a way to convert these rifles to take M-14 Mags.  Anyone know about this
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand, you have to send the mags with the rifle that you want to use.  Both the rifle and the mags are modified.  They will still work in an M-1A, as per the law, but I don't know what the actual mods are, so I don't know if functioning could be affected.  They recommend you send all the mags you intend to use, so they can make sure they all work.  

If you don't already use an M-1A/M14, then it's no big deal, and you get a well built mag for a hi-cap that the VEPER doesn't have.  If you already own a M-1A/M14, then I'd want to find out just what the mods are, and how they affect use in the M14 types.  You still aren't any worse off than a non-M14 owner in having to buy mags.

Look at the mag capability as just giving the VEPER a hi-cap, rather than the other direction of another gun that uses M14 mags.  Consider cost in that way.

Ross

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Incase you're thinking of some M1A magazines, these guys are awesome service wise, and sell new out of wrapper USGI M1-A mags for $39 a piece.

www.coledistributing.com
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Big John,  The conversion is done by Mark Krebs Gunsmithing and the cost is $120 to $150 + shipping for the conversion.  The alteration is done to the receiver and not the mags.  I have heard very positive comments about Mark Krebs work and I plan on doing this in the near future.  
I love my VEPR II 308 from Rob Ams and this conversion would be a sweet improvement.  Check out Mark Krebs sight at www.krebscustom.com.  I forgot to mention that there is a two month turn around to get you rifle back, but all good things take time.

Tracker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top