Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2002 5:29:26 PM EDT
I just have 2 10rd mags from bushmaster and whenever I load them by hand I find it hard not to scratch the casings and/or put little dents on them from the mag lips.  Im not sure if this is just how it is with hand loading or that the springs are too tight.  Will any mag loading tools avoid damaging the bullets as they go in?  Which are good?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
First you need to get some 20 or 30rnd USGI  mags for the rifle. If you are dead set on just keeping the two 10rnd mags then I think you will have nothing but problems.

Loading an AR/M16 mag will be made easier by putting your ammo on stripper clips and then using the GI stripper clip guide "spoon" to assist in pushing the ammo into the mags.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the AR15 Beta-C mag loader from Rueben. It works great for all mags, not just the Beta-C.

www.dealernfa.com/current_specials.htm

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  So are the new 10 rd mags from bushmaster crap?  The spring seems a bit tight.  I haven't used them yet but it seems that they will put a big scratch on each round as its being chambered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
HighlandMac knows what he's talking about.
the Beta-C mag loader is cheep at twice the price!
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HighlandMac knows what he's talking about.
the Beta-C mag loader is cheep at twice the price!

???
What do you mean? Cheap at twice the price?
He has the personal loader that works great with loose ammo. The other one, which comes with a Beta-C mag, is for stripper clips. Go with the personal loader. Or, this one

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/8448670-el223.asp
$39.95

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
He means that it is the BOMB.  Worth double the price.

~5 seconds to load up a 30 round magazine.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone got a picture of the kick@ss loader???
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anyone got a picture of the kick@ss loader???

Click thumbnail for bigger image.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#9]
i've got one of these, too, & it's awesome!
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The loader pictured with the Bushmaster link looks very much like a POS loader that a friend of mine bought.  Excellent if your objective is to remove the finish from your feed lips.  Don't know if they are the same, but it sure looks that way.  POS!!!!!

Tate
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks Francisco_dAnconia for sharing

This looks like one for stripper clips..(correct?)

I'm interested in the "personal" one, for bulk ammo. Can someone elaborate more on it..thanks!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Forgive me if I'm way off base, but could it be that you are not loading the rounds properly?

The mags for an AR-15 are designed to be loaded by pushing the cartridges in straight down from the top. Not in from the front and then down, as you would with a mag for a 1911 or a Glock.

When I unload a mag (AR-15) by pushing the rounds out toward the front, I often get long scratches on the brass. I have seen people load AR mags this way at the range, much to the chagrin of the mag owner. That is why I ask.

As for mag loaders, I like them. have not tried any of the styles shown above, but the one that Francisco linked to looks pretty cool. Is that the one available from Reuben?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Personal loader:

I have the stripper clip version and think it's great, I can't tell you anything about the personal loader.  You're welcome for the pics, I just linked them off the Beta Company site.  Reuben has both listed on his site.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#14]
With the personal loader you mount it on the mag. Pull the plunger up to expose the slot on the side of the loader body. Insert a round into the slot (pointed properly) and use the plunger to seat the round. They can actually load rounds fairly fast.
HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top