Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 4:10:12 PM EDT
Recently traded for a Colt 6731.  I need some recommendations on height of scope mounts on the flattop.  How high to I have to go to get a 4x power to sight above the front sight?  I tried some Burris medium Z mounts with a 1.5 x 5 Leopold and it barely slid on.  Had to go to 4x at that height to get above the front sight.  I'm thinking I will probably have to go to some high or extra high mounts just to make it workable.  I would like to mount a scope with a 3x on the low end.  Any suggestions or recommendations?  Thanks ahead of time for the responses.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy.  I check out the Armalite website for the mount.  Doesn't somebody make a "riser" that will elevate the weaver style mounts?  I'm looking at that option also.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top