Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2002 5:23:29 PM EDT
Several days ago I wrote about buying an M1A with 13 mgs. for $1000.00
Well the deal got better.
National Match sights
All GI parts except receiver, its a Springfield
Mags 95% or better
Extra Hart stainless steel bbl. Heavy type
Oversized walnut GI stock, Good looking wood.
Gen. 3 scope mount with rings
extra operating guide
and 80 rounds of nato ball ammo
Rifle came with a camo fiberglass stock

I will be at the range this Sat. and get back with a report.

Yes I know its just a pos cast Springfield receiver but it will have to do.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:48:21 PM EDT
Whoever told you that Springfields are POS is full of shit. Yes the receiver is cast; yes it isn't as hard as the forged GI receivers; yes Springfields despite being softer and cast are still the very popular base receivers for match rifles, and have been for a long time. The Springfield is a great rifle, shoot it, enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:07:00 PM EDT
Redmanfms:
I just put that in the post because on my last post, several days ago someone wrote that the Springfield was a cast POS.
Yes the Springfield is not as hard as an M14. But thats because the M14 was made to go full auto. I do not belive that the Springfield could stand up to the pounding, but it will never see it anyway. I do indeed intend to shoot if and do so very often. This is the secone one that I own. The other one beeing a National Match. If you cound the one that I "owned" while I was in the Marines, I guess the number would be 3.
Bill
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:05:18 PM EDT
Hell of a deal!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:32:05 PM EDT
Sweet deal!!!

So sweet that it would have scared me. Did you run the serial # to confirm that the rifle is not stolen. From what you listed, the extra's alone should have been $1000 and the rifle another $1000. Was the dealer having a Half off sale, or did you just find someone hard up for cash?
Top Top