Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 10:50:56 PM EDT
All,

I recently purchased a Bushmaster XM-15 E2 and I'm wondering how much "play" there should be between the upper and lower?  I've found that it has absolutely no vertical play, but more horizontal or lateral play than I would have expected.  Not lots, but just enough to be annoying to a newbie.  

I find that there appears to be about an equal amount of lateral movement at both the front and rear pin points.  The movement is barely discernable to the eye, but it makes a little clik, clik, clik when testing it.

MH
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
take your 1911 and shake it left to right you will be wanting to send it back like right now, but we are talking about your bushy not a 1911.  they make a piece you can buy and put in your rifle and make it feel tighter!  it's not necessary,i felt the same loosness on my new bushy...not to worry.. i'll bet if you have the five round hunting mag it takes two hands to remove it!  bushys mag wells are a little snug anyway ,you have the rail around the eject button anyway but if you accidentally hit it at least the mag won't fall to the floor or ground.  and is this loosness when the mag is empty as a full mag puts a little more pressure against the  bolt and takes some of this play away..  
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]

www.cdnninvestments.com/acrecfitpin.html
ACCUWEDGE
The Lowest Price Ive found...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top