Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 8:06:48 AM EDT
I know this is a AR15 page but I don't have the right to buy one of those in CA. So does anyone here reccommend a muzzel brake for the mini and i am also looking for a good 10 round clip? Any websites?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
www.cheaperthandirt.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Magazines -- not "clips".

I second the "skip the brake" idea.  They are too freakin' loud to let you enjoy shooting.

Go to www.gunaccessories.com and see if they have anything.  If not, go to Google and give the web a search!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
1911greg you have the right to buy anything. You have the right to possess a nuclear weapon. God gives you this right by the fact that you have life. Go read John Locke or something.

Governments don't give us our rights. God does. Governments only infringe rights.

Sorry for the quick civics and philosophy lesson.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Skip the muzzle brake...you can thank us later when you still have some hearing left!  

Besides, the kick on the Mini14 is minimal...don't really need one IMO.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
1911greg,

Go to www.mini14world.com  sorry, it seems to be down, or gone.  Try looking for the Choate sight in a search, I know there are pictures somewhere on the net.

There is some good advice for mini14 owners.  There are some pictures posted of some sight enhancements that I made to my mini-14 before I sold it.  I am starting to regret that a little.  

You probably want a flash supressor, rather than a muzzle break.   Try the  Choate M14 look-a-like front sight flash supressor.   It enhances the sight picture also, by using a thinner front sight.  

I replaced the rear crappy sight on my Ranch rifle with a WWII issure M1 carbine rear sight.  It worked wonderfully.  There are pictures of that on the above sight also.  Good luck!
guns762
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only accessories really needed by the Mini owner are a good, tight-fitting synthetic stock, a recoil buffer, and a good, easily adjustable rear sight.

I agree....lose the wood stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I ordered my mini with the synthetic stock hopefully it is good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#10]
pistol grip and flash suppressor are a no-no in California(SB-23)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top