Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 3:12:20 AM EDT
What would a Olympic 9mm upper complete with a Socom mag block (kind that allows use of sten mags) and one sten mag sell for?  Excellent (supposed to be unfired) condition.  This is the older styel with A1 sights.

What is a good price and what is too much.  

Thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Call this number for the magblock 803 442-9206 It is 62.50 with freight.

As for uppers contact stokes for prices.  He has an inside line at oly.

Max
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one on order from Oly.  It was $549 plus $20 shipping with no mag.  The SOCOM block was $62.50 shipped, and I got a bunch of sten mags from Tapco for $1.99 when they were on sale.

I can't tell you how it works yet, since I have not yet received it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The retail from Oly is $835, and someone here offered to sell me a new one for around $770.

If McCloud got one for $549 I want to know where so I can get one!!

Just add the amount for the SOCOM block and you have a rough estimate of a fair price

RRA carbine is out, but it's a Colt clone so you are stuck with buying really expensive mags.  Oly is the way to go!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Just to clarify, the $549 was for a post ban complete upper with no mag, not a complete rifle.

Just call Olympic and order one, nothing special.  The estimated shipping time is 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember guys Oly gives us a 10% discount if you order online and mention AR15.com.  Oly is far and away the cheapest way to go concerning hi-cap mags.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Medcop,

I had one about 4 years ago. It was a complete POS. The thing went FA and on the 7th or 8th FA shot the round discharged before going into battery. The bolt carrier blew in half.

After sending to Oly, they kept it for a year! and didn't return my or my dealer's calls. After the year, all they did was reweld the bolt carrier back together. They could have replaced the bolt carrier and sent it back in a week.

My advice: Spend a couple extra bucks and get yourself a Colt upper (and Colt Mags).
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top