Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 9:48:33 AM EDT
also posted in AR-10 forum, but I need help fast.

Is $1800 out the door a good price for a NIB AR-10T with match trigger.

it comes with 2-10rd mags
one piece scope mount
cleaning kit
sling

I was originally going to purchase an AK style rifle, but am seriously thinking about putting this on the card if you tell me its a steal.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know dude that price sounds a little high to me.  Seen them cheaper than that.

ROCK ON
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply 7.62.  I am literally waiting by my computer and hitting "refresh" so I can go back to the gun show and buy it (given its a good deal)

The actual price would be $1730 plus tax which would bring it to $1800.00

This is the target model with the green furniture.

Thanks,
NewGuy
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps try www.gunbroker.com, www.gunsamerica.com and www.auctionarms.com.  Might give you a rough idea of what others are buying/selling them at.

I have no idea where you're from, but to me at least, a "private sale" is worth a little extra $$ too (all the stuff on the auction boards is mostly registered).
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Gunbroker.com has an AR10T carbine with a $1800 reserve right now.  Do you know any other auction type sights you can check out?  I don't know, but the price you stated sounds pretty good.  Maybe you can work out an even better deal for a scope or some othe stuff you "need."
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]
50cali,

Thanks,  I just got back from surfing those links too.

The guy seemed pretty firm on the price after we talked a little.

He is originally asking $1875.00 plus tax, and said he would let me have it for $1800.00 out the door including the tax which would bring it to around $1730.00

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Ah heck,

If you can buy it without incurring too much debt, just DO IT and don't look back.  I'm sure it's a cherry rifle and the prices on those things are so fickle.  If you think you're getting a good deal then you are.  Remember, "This is my rifle, There are many like it But this one is MINE!"-FMJ
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to agree with 50cali.  There have been a few times where I've bought something on impulse at a show, then returned home and seen that I could have gotten it brand-new for $10 less at a local store.  But you know something, that annoyance is soon forgotten after a couple of rounds go down-range.  :)  Besides, if you keep the gun for 20 years, even a $1000 difference works out to only around 14 cents a day - a small price to pay for happiness!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
50cali,

Your point is well taken!  and I would concur with you.  I have a bad habit for instant gratification and once I set my mind on something its all over.  I guess I'm looking for more assurance so I can justify the purchase to my wife.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#9]
bjg,

lol, I guess we posted at the same time.  Sounds like you and I are alot alike!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
OK,

Just got off the phone with the wife.  She says that I can get it.

just need some more insight from my friends on this board on one more issue.

I have always wanted an AR-10T and a FAL from DSA.  The wife says this is the last time I can make a purchase like this.

I know there are tons of threads concerning the FAL and AR-10.

What I am interested is given current gun laws and possible future laws which rifle would I do better in getting

AR-10T or DSA FAL?

I can get the AR-10T today, or I can waite and purchase a FAL in the near future

Thanks, and sorry If I sound ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
AR10T...retail is 2080.....scope mount and 2-10 rounders is std .....from past experience...dealer knock-off is somewhere around 250-300...except for specials....If you want it, get it....10`s don`t come by that easy...and the extra screwing around isn`t even worth ANY savings.....fal`s are a little easier to come buy....not likely you will ever regret owning the armalite..............P S....make SURE it`s a "T".....stls bbl and free float AND match trigger......
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds about right,paid 1,400 for my ar10a4s.
Your going to love the accuracy and the way it shoots.
Congrats.
Be sure to let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like Retail is $1400.00 on Armalite catalog.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
The last time I seen the Ar-10T in the factory Armalite catalog they were listed at $2,075 with green furnature.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I was too late.  They guy sold it just before I got back [>Q].  After all these replies, my appitite has really grown for the AR-10T.

I guess its a good idea to get permission before I go to these shows so I don't loose out again.

Thanks for all your help though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Too bad new dude.  Just another one to add to your "the big fish that got away" stories.  Anyway, some people like the thrill of the hunt more than the actual kill.  Never give up until the fight is over.  I'm currently debating whether to spend my money on a Springfield M1A w/ a California sissy brake or an Armalite AR50, possibly even a Barret 50.  That is if any of that stuff is still legal by the time I gather enough funds.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I saw one up in firearms the other day. $999. NIB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top