Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 6:50:32 AM EDT
I have Colt M4gery with an ACOG on top.   I love everything about it EXCEPT the huge sear block pin on both sides of the outer receiver. I just hate looking at it. Not that I'm going to ever try to convert to full auto. It just looks horrible to me.  Am I being rediculous??  Let me know hoe you guys feel about this issue.  I would almost rather have an Eagle Arms or OLY receiver instead.  I might end up trading it for one of them even though Colt is worth alot more.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
yes you are being ridiculous.

the whole sear block thing is blown completely out of proportion.  one person said that they arent good and now everyone thinks that is SUPER IMPORTANT that their weapon not have a sear block...it doesnt hurt anything so who cares

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, the sear block is not an issue. In fact my favorite colt has one, never bothered me much. Anyway, if one was going to convert a lower, you wouldn't bother using a pre ban one.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're looking to install a match adjustable trigger it matters!

Go ahead and get the thing removed.  If you ever need replacement lower parts, you'll have to pay a buttload to get Colt's non-spec parts.  Remove the block and you're good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you're looking to install a match adjustable trigger it matters!

There was a post about this recently and I believe that most said that one would work with the sear block, but don't hold me to it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a Pre-ban Colt?  And your complaining?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Huey,

You arn nuts. Look at the fact that you can have a flash suppressor and stop worrying about that stupid pin.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I for one respect the fact that this makes your stomach turn. It should.  Just like if it was engraved on the side with I voted for Bill Clinton. No it would not effect the function or accuracy of the rifle one bit, but people with any class at all would not put up with it.

I say sell that toad to someone with lower standards than yourself and buy something that you can be proud of.

I see an older pre-sear blocked Blue Label in your future or a Green Lable
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I also have that stupid POS sear block on my pre.  Useless POS.  Mine is only drilled from the right side.  

Aren't some Colt sear blocks drilled through both sides?
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top