Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2001 7:06:05 PM EDT
I am planning to get a A2 kit very soon.I have settled on either a Mod 1 kit or a J&T. I find out some thing about these kits though.

Do the uppers come fully assembled?

If i order the post ban kit will the muzzle be threaded for installing a muzzle brake?

To install a brake do I just need to solder it with silver solver or does it need the pin or weld method?

If the muzzle is not threaded on the post ban kit can I just get the pre ban kit and grind
off the bayonet catch?

Which one of the 2 companys make the better kit?

Thanks and have a great holiday season

Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO get the kit from J&T.Better quaility and severice.The upper is assembled and the break is insalled.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't put together a Model 1 kit, but I have one (or two) J&T's.

The uppers come fully assembled.  Guarenteed to headspace.  You can have them test fire it if you like.

Post ban uppers are not threaded.  Call them to tell which brake to put on.  They're pinned on.

You can get the pre-ban kit, but you'll need to weld the brake on, as well as grind off the bayonet lug.  I did this on one of mine.  Get someone who knows what they're doing for the weld as it can affect accuracy.  Also, if the brake can come off without rendering the barrel/threads useless, you could be looking at prison time .  I hate idiotic laws.

I've never had a problem with a J&T kit.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I did one Model One kit.  All the parts were excellent & they got the details of my order correct on the first try.  The upper came fully assembled & headspaced.  

A post ban barrel will not be threaded.  Ask the people selling you the kit about flash hider/muzzle break.  Better to get the info up front from the people with the hardware in their hands, than from us guys who did a couple last year.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of each.  Both came with the uppers fully assembled and ready to to.Both units went together with no troubles.
I would buy from either Co. again.
Bill
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two J&T kits.A 24" inch bull barrel and a Expedition kit.both with muzzle brakes.the Expedition kit is real nice in that the muzzle break reminds me of a pre-ban looks good an functions.J&T offers a good product at a more than fair price an nice folks to boot!buy a Oly Arms lower for $89-$99 an you have a A2 w/fwd.assist and dust cover that shoots great for less than $600 www.jtdistributing.com check it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top