Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/14/2001 10:25:27 AM EDT
Anyone seen any reviews or have shot or own one. I am conisidering buying one. Just looking for any opions that you might have. Thanks

R4M
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:37:54 AM EDT
I bought (ordered) a Kel-Tec sub carbine once, the Sub-40. When it came in, the barrel was visibly bent. I passed it around to everyone in the gun shop and there were a lot of chuckles. The shop sent it back to the distributor, and I got my money back.

OTOH I own a Kel-Tec P11 with 1,600 rnds through it and nary a problem.

Just keep an eye on quality when you take delivery. Kel-Tec is known to have problems in this area. The gun has some nice aspects and a cool factor going for it. Just be careful.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:58:20 AM EDT
No worries about how it was shipped its at my local firearms distributer. It doesn't appear to have any physical damage. Thanks again

R4M
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 1:27:42 PM EDT
I have one of the very early ones and like it a lot for what it is - an oversized pistol...LOL.

Seriously, I have it with 6/7 30 rounders in my car trunk for just a little more firepower.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 2:32:00 PM EDT
do they take the colt 32 round 9mm mags?
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:10:23 PM EDT
I have one of the original sub 9 with the metal receiver and it is sweet! It eats anything I feed it and is 100% reliable.

Since it is classified as a long gun it is legal to carry in Texas and with it's small folded sizes, "I never leave home without it"

I've added a laser sight to it and can now shoot Mel Gibson "Smile Targets" from the hip.
Top Top