Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 8:25:03 AM EDT
I just picked up a 30.30 Lever action Saddle Gun
It's marked Revelation Model#207 Western Auto Suppy Co. Made in USA  Anyone Know anything about this Weapon?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Its either a winchester94 or a marlin336 with the western auto stamping. Revelation is a name for Western Auto products, Mossberg also made revelation for WA.
GG
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah back in the days when you could go your local Western Auto hardware store and actually buy a gun and some ammo, those were the days.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks GG anyway to tell which one it might be?
Piece is in very good condition
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
If it has a straight butt stock and ejects from the top of the receiver, it's most likely a Winchester. If it has a curved grip butt stock and ejects from the side of the receiver it is most likely a Marlin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Well it has a straight butt stock, and she ejects out the side.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
According to my Numerich gun parts corp "store brand' to manufacturer cross reference you have a Marlin model 39A that explains the straight stock unfortunately I can't give you an approx date of manufacture. Try contacting Marlin for more info. BTW if your intersted in opinions, Marlins lever actions are every bit as good as Winchesters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Marlin 39`s are 22 cal........does half the trigger group come down with the lever?.....if so, it`s a mossberg....send me info and I`ll tell you all I can about it.....if not, it`s a win most likely, or a marlin....w/a bought from quite a few mfg`s.........
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys,The trigger stays put just the lever moves.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top