Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2001 2:24:28 PM EDT
HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,I would like the good and the bad on DPMS Panther arms,I don't see much on this sight about them,maybe I'm not looking in the right place on this sight?THANKS
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had mixed results with them and found most of their stuff to work ok. If the price is right, I would buy from them without hesitation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS is my preferred source for parts.  Fast, courteous service.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two DPMS rifles. Thousands of rounds fired and never a problem. If you have any questions, their customer service is very helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to buy another from them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
DPMS has the widest variety of complete AR style rifles and parts of any manufacturer of which I am aware.

Lowers can be had three ways: cast alloy, forged alloy or stainless steel.  DPMS has a wide variety of uppers too.

And they have an option list so you can essentially custom build the rifle you want.

My long-range AR has a DPMS forged alloy lower with a DPMS 24 inch stainless bull barrel fluted floated flattop upper.  The 1:8 barrel is by Wilson and it shot 5 inch groups at 500 yards last weekend.  Tippie likes it...but he's REALLY an ArmaLite kinda' guy.

Visit DPMS website.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
AROCK: Did you add the Wilson Barrel or do some of DPMS uppers come with Wilsons
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
gf2...mine came with a Wilson.  That's NOT Wilson Combat but Wilson Machine, a volume manufacturer of barrels for AR's.

My Wilson barrel shoots fine.  I did an extended break-in using moly rounds and David Tubb's Final Finish system and got a very good result.  I think it's about as good now as a standard barrel can get.  It's not a Krieger, PacNor or Lilja but the Wilson works for me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,Thanks a lot,I called my friend/gundealer last night and told him to get me a DPMS SOUTHPAW PANTHER,with a stainless fluted barrel,now the wait begins,I waited 8+ months for my Rock River 1911,I'll give a range report ASAP.THANKS AGAIN
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had most brands of AR lowers and my choices are as follows:

1. Bushmaster
2. DPMS
3. Colt
4. PWA (now called Rock River I believe)
5. Armalite
6. Olympic
7. All others

I usually buy DPMS because of the gret service and nice, affordable prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top