Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 8:28:04 PM EDT
Anyone have this gun or know of any reviews?  Are they good or do they suck?

www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=179&idp=87&his=0|87&cart_id=2207031.2992
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I want one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Slap yourselves.  This company is "teh suck", to quote a phrase.  Do a search.  Or, sit back & watch the negative waves reverberate on this board.  Bad ju-ju.  No-spend-U-$$$.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Slap yourselves.  This company is "teh suck", to quote a phrase.  Do a search.  Or, sit back & watch the negative waves reverberate on this board.  Bad ju-ju.  No-spend-U-$$$.

Oh... so what dont you like about this gun/company?  Did you have one?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard they were a shill company for the "sPeciaL WeApoNs TodE".

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]
negitive,  vulcan  makes a good product  but there production is eratic .
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Since when has Vulcan made a good product?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I've read, the Vulcan is just a straight blowback action.  It is not like the MP5 inside which is a roller locked, delayed blowback.

It is looks only...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there any other companies that sell legal semi-auto mp5s for about the same price as the vulcan?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think I want one.

Please post this in the HK forum...

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is there any other companies that sell legal semi-auto mp5s for about the same price as the vulcan?

Bobcat from Atlantic Firearms.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#11]
It is my understanding that Vulcan Arms is the new name
for what was once called Hesse Arms.

Bobcat Weapons is also the new cover name for
Special Weapunz.

Both have a notorious reputation.

The Vulcan Arms  MP5 indeed only "looks like"
an MP5 .
It is direct blowback and doesn't even have the delayed rollers
from what I've heard.

At least Bobcat Weapons -AKA-Special Weapons-AKA-Todd Baily have
attempted a working copy with delayed rollers.

Notice I did say ATTEMPTED a working copy.

Currently your best bet is to get a high serial number Bobcat and pray it's
one of the ones that works perfectly.

Don't get you hopes up ,and be prepared to send it to IGF to have it
stripped and rebuilt properly.

Basicly,consider it a kit with a chance of it working the first time.

The market for a fully functional mass produced US made clone of the
MP5 (HK-94 ) is not being filled.
Many want one,but only custom builders can make one that works.

That means more $$$$ ,and a long wait in line.

I had high hopes JLD would purchase presses for the receivers,but
so far they are only interested in perfecting their PTR-91 variants
and making a completely US built Model 91.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Friends don't let friends buy Hesse/Vulcan!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy Hesse/Vulcan!

A Big +1.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never owned a Vulcan/Hesse myself, but the ones I have handeled were straight crap.  I wouldn't even consider buying one, and I don't know if I would be brave enough to shoot one if it was given to me.  

One can guage the quality of Hesse/Vulcan just by looking at their print ads.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICS OF THEIR ADS PLEASE POST!  I NEED THE LAUGH RIGHT NOW.

I also recall them "boasting" how they use Colt barrels in their rifles.  To me that alone was a red flag, ie. we can't make barrels for shit, so we use our competitors products and try to ride on their coattails.

Then again, a broken clock is precicely right twice a day, so you may get lucky.  

-K
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
You mean the one stating "Guns of the Special Forces"?

Quoted:
I have never owned a Vulcan/Hesse myself, but the ones I have handeled were straight crap.  I wouldn't even consider buying one, and I don't know if I would be brave enough to shoot one if it was given to me.  

One can guage the quality of Hesse/Vulcan just by looking at their print ads.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICS OF THEIR ADS PLEASE POST!  I NEED THE LAUGH RIGHT NOW.

I also recall them "boasting" how they use Colt barrels in their rifles.  To me that alone was a red flag, ie. we can't make barrels for shit, so we use our competitors products and try to ride on their coattails.

Then again, a broken clock is precicely right twice a day, so you may get lucky.  

-K

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok...well if both vulcan and bobcat are crappy then is there any other semi auto mp5s that are good?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Although Ive never seen a mp5 in person...Im not seeing anything funny about this picture.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You mean the one stating "Guns of the Special Forces"?

Quoted:

-K

YUP!  Thats the one!

-K
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.vulcanarmament.com/photo/179.jpg

What bothers me about the looks...the handguard is obviously wrong, so is the Weaver rail.  Also not sure about the FCG, couldn't ATF argue that since it looks like a MG, it is a MG ?  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh... so what dont you like about this gun/company?  Did you have one?

One of the benefits of this forum is that someone can actually do some research & save themselves grief in lieu of blowing $$$ on a bad product.  Do a search.  Then again, it's your money.  Go for it.

I own an HK94 - about as close to a MP5 as a consumer can get their hands on, short of a C3 NFA piece - & I know that a receiver pic rail isn't a std. feature on actual HK94's/MP5's, & I doubt Vulcan/Hess/Boobcat/Toad did any design & engineering on the receiver to make it a suitable platform for one.  The forearm in that photo is a slight variation of the original slim profile forearm that came on early MP5's.  Special weapons actually did some decent SW-5's, but it was hit or miss.  Haven't seen anyone come close to the original so far.  Also, one of the big performance points of the MP5 is the rollor lock operation.  Direct blowback will not yeild the sort of accuracy & smoothness that the design is acclaimed for.  Definitely a cheap knockoff.

But hey - I digress.  You go, dude.  I'm not losing anything on it.  The "God of Fire & Steel" is always on the take for a fool's offering.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
One of the benefits of this forum is that someone can actually do some research & save themselves grief in lieu of blowing $$$ on a bad product.  Do a search.  Then again, it's your money.  Go for it.

I own an HK94 - about as close to a MP5 as a consumer can get their hands on, short of a C3 NFA piece - & I know that a receiver pic rail isn't a std. feature on actual HK94's/MP5's, & I doubt Vulcan/Hess/Boobcat/Toad did any design & engineering on the receiver to make it a suitable platform for one.  The forearm in that photo is a slight variation of the original slim profile forearm that came on early MP5's.  Special weapons actually did some decent SW-5's, but it was hit or miss.  Haven't seen anyone come close to the original so far.  Also, one of the big performance points of the MP5 is the rollor lock operation.  Direct blowback will not yeild the sort of accuracy & smoothness that the design is acclaimed for.  Definitely a cheap knockoff.

But hey - I digress.  You go, dude.  I'm not losing anything on it.  The "God of Fire & Steel" is always on the take for a fool's offering.

Another thing to consider; the V94 runs about $1000 to $1200 depending on what "model".  Considering a straight blowback's simplicity, that could get you a top of the line Colt or RRA 9mm AR-15.  A lot of the cost in producing a 94 clone is the more complicated nature of the roller-locked, delayed blowback action.  Where's all that money going for the Vulcan?

No one's ragging on your personally, dmcblaster--people have just been burned by Vulcan/Hesse guns in the past and are rather passionate about not seeing someone else screwed by them.  Their AR and AK receivers were known to crack/split/deform/etc under use.  I'd have trouble trusting a company that tried to make a HK clone, decided it was too tough and just shoveled some "close enough" looks and retailed an engineering failure.

If you want a 9mm rifle that looks like a HK94/MP5, your best bet is to spend another $300 and get the Bobcat BW5.  From what I know with those, you cross your fingers and hope you get a good one.  If not, BW is supposed to be decent about servicing them; you can also send it off to someone like Jayson at IGF and have it redone professionally.  I'm likely to go down the Bobcat route at some point; I know going into it that it MAY turn into a long-term "fix me upper" but it's the best option right now.

If you just want a 9mm rifle in the under $1200 range, look at the 9mm Colt and RRA AR-15s.  I built a RRA 9mm before they were retailing complete guns, and I love it.  RRA offers a full lifetime warranty on their products too!  If you want a flashy 9mm bullet hose, Vector makes a decent copy of the Uzi for around $600-$700.  Heck, you can find an MPA-30 Mac-11 pistol clone for $400 or so.

Atlantic Firearms - HK/Uzi/etc

Atlantic Firearms is a site sponsor, and carry a lot of this stuff.  Poke around there, and see what you find.  Just take everyone's advice (some of it hard-earned advice) and steer clear of the Vulcan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top