Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/17/2003 8:48:13 AM EDT
I have NEW AR FLAT TOP, I like the handle option. So I purchased a RRA CH for it, NOW with a ARMS#2-A1A2 to mount a scope like my other A2 model the scope points front end downward. This seems like it will affect the scopes preformance and adjustability. I do not have the ability to try it out at the range till spring. I could always can the CH and mount it straight two the FT but I like the CH option...........any Ideas about this, experiances prefered...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:45:10 AM EDT
While I have used several of the carry handle mounts I have to admit none of them have been the ARMS #2 as shown here: www.armsmounts.com/list.html#2, unless my eyes deceive me this carry handle mount has a front and rear, sounds as if yours is mounted backward.

BTT, for somebody who can verify, (by actual use) that this could be dnra's problem!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:44:06 AM EDT
Mike, my friend, you've given me sound advice before (apt./door security/set-up) so then I compared it to my A2 CH w/arms#2 mounted and the base is installed the same way as it is on my CH models. The ARMS#2 says ON IT its for a A1A2 CH.....which the CH for the flat top is not, its a CH for a FT. I'm baffeled at this point.Thanks for the look see though
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 3:14:15 PM EDT by 1911Shootist]
Another thing to check... the ARMS mount might be a tad tight to fit snuggly (read: fully seat) in your carry handle. A little judicious filing on the CH if this is the case. I've used the ARMS CH mount before with no problems.
Top Top