Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 11:31:01 PM EDT
I have a cheapo CVA Bobcat in .50cal..It's a nice little shooter until I can spare a few hundred bucks and get what I want which is a Hawkin....(I keep spending all my money on modern stuff and BP is kinda last on my list)

Anyway, I have a powder horn measurement of 30gr of powder. This is what I have been using for lead ball ammo...I use either Pyrodex or real BP FFg....

I plan on going hunting Javelina this year during our HAM (Handgun, Archery, Muzzle Loader)season and I want to make sure I have enough umph behind a T/C 350gr Maxi-Hunter.

I have a book, and it's old and doesn't have loads for newer types of ammo... So, I thought I would ask you guys so I don't have to go buy a new one because I am a cheapskate...

Thanks for answering...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:58:09 AM EDT
According to my manual, which I assume is the same as you are using, 90gr is the max load for a 385gr buffalo bullet. So you are probably safe with 90gr. Load it up. Shoot 3-5 shots from benchrest, and decide if you are happy with the group. Then practice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:39:27 PM EDT
Goex Powder suggests 80-85gr of FFg.

90gr would probably be OK, for hunting. Any more than that, and your groups will start to open up.
Top Top