Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
Can anyone that has this rifle tell me what you think about it, thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've shot their .300 cal rifle. Once was enough, thanks.

Unless you're hunting elephant of elk from 500 yards, I see no real advantage for them. My shoulder hurts just thinking about them!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you want to do with it?  If you have never fired any of the smaller weatherby mags, find someone who has one (at least a .270 or better a .300 or .340) and shoot it a bit.  then ask yourself if almost twice the recoil would be nice shooting experience.  Great gun to impress the buddies at the range, but it will probably send the average shooter to the hospital for magnum eyebrow or worse.  If you are heading to some place like africa or alaska, there are other calibers that will do the job and are alot easier to  shot well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top