Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 3:34:00 PM EDT
I went to the range today and shot my standard M1A.It has ARM #18 mount with throw lever bar.

I bought a new Burris compact 3x9x40 fullfilled scope 5 years ago. I installed it on the M1A today with burris rings.

I fired 15 rounds and something started moving in the eye peice so I stopped shooting to check it out.

I found what looks like a peice of dry sealant or glue (clear pastel colored) about a inch long laying on the bottom just inside the glass of the eye peice.

I checked to see if the scope would hold zero by shooting another round.Well,the next shot walked 12".I'm sending it back to Burris this week.

I want to know if anybody else had problems with any Burris scopes.I might ad that these scopes are not cheap.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:27:50 AM EDT
Found your post most interesting. A few months back (about 6) I bought a Burris Signature 3-9 with their Ballistic Plex reticle. Really liked the idea of the multiple aiming points. Second time I shot the rifle (a 308) I noticed something floating around in the eye peice. With every shot it moved to a different location.

I thought it was lint or something. I was going to send it back to Burris but I sold the rifle and the guy who bought it wanted the scope with it. I told him (and showed him) the problem but he bought it anyway.

I was considering buying another Burris, on the theory that eveyone can screw one up occasionally, but after seeing your post - it's Leupold from now on.
Top Top