Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/29/2003 12:50:33 PM EDT
Hey all,
I'm a newbie when it comes to M1's, and have a couple of questions. I have a friend who has an M1 for sale. It has a Springfield Armory (USGI) rec, a barrel marked 6/44, and down by the trigger housing is stamped WRA. The gun is in pretty good shape overall. There are a couple of dents in the wood, the metal seems to be in good shape with normal looking wear on the gas piston. He's asking $500 is this a reasonable price? Are there any other things I should look for when I take another look at the rifle?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:40:28 PM EDT
Sounds good to me. Not far from what the CMP was selling them for.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:27:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2003 7:28:09 PM EDT by RobarSR60]

Originally Posted By Font:
He's asking $500 is this a reasonable price? Are there any other things I should look for when I take another look at the rifle?

Thanks in advance

Yep, that's a good price. Get it, before it's gone. BTW, the WRA stands for 'Winchester Repeating Arms'. It sounds like the trigger mechanism was made by Winnie.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:05:09 PM EDT
Yes, it's a good price. I see junkers priced at $700-800 at gun shows & no one buys them. I'm glad got mine back in the late 1980s.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:53:46 AM EDT
For that much, if you know it functions, it's a decent price. I'd get it, then send it to Tony at Orion 7 for a thorough inspection, and have him replace the springs and any worn parts.

Everyone should have at least 1 M1 in their stable... get it... the prices will only go UP from here!
Top Top