Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 6:54:30 PM EDT
Any one got a idea of a real price on a new Colt 1991 A1 stainless 45 cal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Upper $400s, lower $500s, depending on your area. You might find one in the $450 range if you get lucky.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one (New Rollmark ss 1991A1) for $650.  I think you'ld be lucky to get one for under $600, very very lucky to get one for $550.  They are nice.  I just sold my Kimber to finance night sights for it.  I also got the WWII repro.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
MonkeyGrip's prices are closer to what I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks-Have a great day
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I checked over at 1911forums.com and it apears that mabey $550 isn't so unusual after all.  In my area it is.  Prices on Colts are high in my small town.  As I said, I paid ~$650.  A fine price to me since I really like this gun.  Best 1911 out of the box hands down, and I have a Kimber and a Springfield.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just bought one (New Rollmark ss 1991A1) for $650.  I think you'ld be lucky to get one for under $600, very very lucky to get one for $550.  They are nice.  I just sold my Kimber to finance night sights for it.  I also got the WWII repro.

I don't mention this to pick on you, but do you realize that for the price you pay for the reproduction you can get the real thing in damn good ocndition?  I never really understood the repoduction thing, unless they are much cheaper.  The same thing goes for the S&W Model 1917...The real thing can be had for the same price or little bit more.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't mention this to pick on you, but do you realize that for the price you pay for the reproduction you can get the real thing in damn good ocndition?  I never really understood the repoduction thing, unless they are much cheaper.  The same thing goes for the S&W Model 1917...The real thing can be had for the same price or little bit more.

Maybe he wants one that isn't clapped out, or can be customized without offending the Demon of Sporterized WWII Arms.  In my neck of the woods the only army Colts I've seen in VG condition are upwards of $800.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top