Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2002 8:45:39 AM EDT
I want to put on one of KKF's A2 Tac Brakes on a 20" postban. If you have one soldered on, does the heat hurt the accuracy or finish of the barrel? Just wondering since I know a lot of you have probably had this done.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
If you are having Kurt do it, have no worried. When I got my M4 upper back with a fake Flash supressor, I marveled at how outstanding the job was done. The origional set up with a Mini Y comp had a hure pin sticking out both sides, unlike the way my AK shorty uppers was set up, so when I got it back from Kurt with the clean lines I was very happy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 12:52:58 PM EDT
I was very happy with Kurt's work too. He put an A3 Tac brake on my Bushmaster shorty and it looks great. Do yourself a favor and let Kurt do the work.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2002 1:24:00 PM EDT by Glock31]
Are your rifles still as accurate as before the work was done? Just a little concerned about the amount of heat required to do this job and its effects on the temper of the barrel affecting accuracy.

Edited to add: Yes, I'm sending to to Kurt to have it done. No Colt "brake launcher" for me
Top Top