Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 8:01:54 AM EDT
How can you tell the difference between green label and blue label especially if the box is not around?? I am interested in buying a pre-ban Colt but don't know the difference (and therefore which is a good price). One fellow has a 76 pre-ban for $1300. I don't know what I would be getting, so don't know what the good price is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
A simple rule of thumb is if it say's AR15 on the lower receiver, then its most likely a Green Label weapon or before Green Labels (no real label). If the lower simply say's SPORTER or some version of that without the AR15 included then its a Blue Label. All Match series are Blue Label.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
some Blue labels are pre-ban !!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Other general features were that the Green Labels had bayonet lugs, the receivers were unblocked and the mag release had no fence around it. Some early Blue Labels had these features but most have no bayo lugs, have blocked receivers and a mag fence. With Colt you could never tell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top