Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2002 10:31:04 AM EDT
I have seen some AR's that have the bottom couple bolt lugs on the barrel ramped so they act like a feed ramp to assist rounds into chambering better.

I have a kit upper that has all the bolt lugs square and flat. Somtimes whaen the gun cycles a round will get pushed into the lug and hang up. All I have to do is spank the AR on the buttstockand it pops loose and chambers.

THIS IS NOT VERY RELIABLE!

What would the repercusions be if I polished/ground the bottom couple lugs at an angle towards the chamber to resolve the issue?

They would remain square with plenty of material for the bolt lugs to still lock into.

mzzlebrk
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Come On! Not a single word of advice? Very odd for this group of people must be something in the water tonight.

Not even a "sell it or give it to me" comment

WOW
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a look at this

The M4 feed ramps are extra deep to accomodate the M855 ammo and full auto fire. I don't have an M16 so I can't speak on the topic from personal experience but what I've read indicates the normal cuts should be sufficient for semi-auto rifles.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
mzzlebrk,

Sounds defective. Send it to me and I will accept all responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
CantHitShit

Thanks I knew I had seen those pictures before. My barrel feed ramps are square. There is no conture there like colt built into those. I was thinking about lightly filing some material out of the same spot to see if it helps the chambering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top