Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 1:02:30 PM EDT
I'm considering buying a lower to build another AR. This will be my first from the receiver up. I'm trying to find a dealer in the Baltimore area that won't charge an arm and a leg to do a transfer for a lower receiver. I have already checked the "SEARCH" option and nothing comes up. I have gotten prices of 45.00 to 50.00 so far. Do any of you guys have a dealer to recommend?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Gunbroker.com or AuctionArms.com and do an FFL search for your area.  The list will show the fees charged by the listed FFLs in their network.  You should be able to find one that is reasonable.  I generally pay $20-$25 where I live.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Raptor22,

Thanks for the help.Now why didn't I think of that!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I pay nothing for transfers.  I go through a pawn shop who is extremely pro gun and wants as many firearms in the community as possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I pay nothing for transfers.  I go through a pawn shop who is extremely pro gun and wants as many firearms in the community as possible.

You are VERY LUCKY! It ain't easy livin' in this liberal infested state! The State Attorney General is one of the lowest forms of life(see:pond scum)around. Its just about impossible to get a concealed carry permit,not to mention the hoops you gotta jump through. In Prince Georges Co. some time ago,the county council caused a gun show to be cancelled. Want to know what was scheduled in its place?..... A GAY RIGHTS CONVENTION! This is the same council that tried to "outlaw" smoking in your own home! I'm not a smoker myself but enough is enough! Believe me,if I was better of I would LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!

PS.Ya didn't have to tease me about NO CHARGE for transfers!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey CrazyIrishman:

Let me know who you use.  I am thinking of getting an AR off of Gunbroker and it will require shipping to a FFL.  I'm in northern AA county.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I checked the registery on Auction Arms and Gunbroker and found these for you:

Horace Porter
8314 Harford road
Baltimore, MD 21236
FFL Transfer Fee: $30.00

HNP OUTDOORS
8314 Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
phone: 410-882-3564
fax: 410-882-3564
Hours: 5:00pm to 9:00
Transfer fee: $20.00

Dave Nadalin
Dave's Gun Shop
2946 Sandy Hook Road
Belair, MD 21014
phone: 410-879-6512
Transfer fee: $25.00

These should be pretty close to too.

Sorry I can't be of better help.  I'm a dealer myself and sell firearms on the auction sites, but have never shipped anything to MD so I don't have any direct experience with these FFLs.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You LUCKY SOB!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top