Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2002 4:00:18 PM EDT
Laughed my self to sleep last night. My sons in law,one a police officer, other a transportation director, were bass fishing . SIL #1 caught a"turkey platter" Bass,SIL#2 got excited and went to "help"SIL#1,(in a canoe),and dumped it...bass got a cell phone,fishing rod,glasses, beer,and is still laughing with a sore jaw.SIL#1 calls me up..he went diving for his Glock; what do I do.I told him to strip it, flush it with warm water,dry it with the hair dryer, let it set for a few hours,wipe dowh every thing with oily cloth, lubricate it.Bore action rec'vr the works,did I miss any thing?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2002 5:13:12 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:16:43 PM EDT
Glocks Kick Ass. One of the finest handguns ever made.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:19:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:57:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Glock trades new guns for abused/found ones. I think one was under water for awhile and after cleaning and lubing it worked fine.

Really? I wonder if holster wear on the slide would be reason enough for them to give me a new one?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:04:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By seabuck:
Laughed my self to sleep last night. My sons in law,one a police officer, other a transportation director, were bass fishing . SIL #1 caught a"turkey platter" Bass,SIL#2 got excited and went to "help"SIL#1,(in a canoe),and dumped it...bass got a cell phone,fishing rod,glasses, beer,and is still laughing with a sore jaw.SIL#1 calls me up..he went diving for his Glock; what do I do.I told him to strip it, flush it with warm water,dry it with the hair dryer, let it set for a few hours,wipe dowh every thing with oily cloth, lubricate it.Bore action rec'vr the works,did I miss any thing?

That is absolutely amazing---exactly the same thing happened to me last week--although we weren't fishing (just floating down the river) we lost the same things plus my Glock 27

Weird...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:50:22 PM EDT
I remember reading of a Glock that was lost undersea for months. Found it by accident, cleaned and lubed it and it worked okay. I like my G30.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:20:28 PM EDT
I dropped, threw, and bathed in mud my Glock 21. It never had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:37:30 PM EDT
"Get yourself a Glock - lose that nickle-plated sissy pistol."
Top Top