Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2002 8:16:54 PM EDT
Just brought this home tonight. Its a cheapy but it'll do. Anyone have one of the new Stack-on gun safes? They are comparable in price to the Sentry brand. I brought this one (model 2940)home for $360.
Edited to add: The rollerblades just wouldn't fit

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good move.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT just cause I'm so damn happy to have a safe! What a feeling of relief to know my boomsticks ain't getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same one but with the key lock.  Only problem is that its to small.  My wife really wants me to get one of those huge browning safes thats like 6ft tall.  I cant argue with her.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have the same one but with the key lock.  Only problem is that its to small.  My wife really wants me to get one of those huge browning safes thats like 6ft tall.  I cant argue with her.

Schapman, you wouldn't be just under 6 feet tall, would you?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Geez some guy have all the luck, next you'll be tell us she insists on filling the safe up with expensive firearm....
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Slaker was that thing light enough you were able to move it yourself?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Uhhh....Um.....no, it took three men and a boy to get that sucker in here. And its welded and bolted to the floor and wall. I'll probably just sell it with the house!

yes, it can be moved with a hand dolly and alot of grunting Thats why its so important to bolt it to the floor.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, a safe is good piece of mind, especially if you leave your house vacant during the day, or go away on vacation and leave the house for a few days.

You might want to think about a Golden rod, or other brand dehumidifier.  They cost around $30 bucks, and run at less than 15 watts.  Basically a small rod that gets warm and keep air moving around the safe so stuff doesn't corrode.  You just have to drill a small hole to run the power cord through.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You might want to think about a Golden rod, or other brand dehumidifier.  They cost around $30 bucks, and run at less than 15 watts.  Basically a small rod that gets warm and keep air moving around the safe so stuff doesn't corrode.  You just have to drill a small hole to run the power cord through.

60W Lightbulb does the same thing. Thats what I've got in mine.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Can you give the specs? Is it firelined? What was the cost without delivery? I'm looking for an inexpensive safe. Anybody give a comparason of the Sentry to the Stack-On?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can you give the specs? Is it firelined? What was the cost without delivery? I'm looking for an inexpensive safe. Anybody give a comparason of the Sentry to the Stack-On?

www.stack-on.com/securityplus/advantage/gca-994.html
I think this one is comparable to my sentry.

Specs on mine are as follows:
Retail $449.00 (too much IMO, I got mine for $360 as a scratch and dent)
14 long-gun capacity
Concealed hinges
Hardened steel plate protects lock from drill attack (mine is electronic type)
Solid steel, pry-resistant door
5 steel live-locking bolts
Adjustable shelf
Carpeted interior
Bolt-down hardware included
9.10 cu. ft. capacity
Approx 350 lbs.
Not firelined. I don't think your going to find an inexpensive safe that is firelined. If you do please post the info.

I asked about the stack-on safes but no one seems to know anything about them. My local funshop will be carrying them soon (so they say).
My plan is to eventually buy a "real" safe and use this one to store optics and accesories.
Its nice to have an "overflow" safe...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top