Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 8:54:20 PM EDT
when i buy my pre-ban m4 in november (after the 18th) which flash suppressor should i get? which has the coolest flash (at night for example)?  Etc.  and which is most effective?

anyone have photos of the flash as its happening?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the Vortex (Smith Arms????) is extremely effective.  However, it looks like it would hold up on brush snf stuff, like the original AR flash hider.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone have photos of flash hiders in action?  how many brands out there (please name all) for ar15's thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Vertex or Phantom, best flash hiders on the market.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It almost sounds like you want a big flash out of the end at night the way you are askinf which one has the coolest flash. The flash supressors we are talking about do the opposite in case you were not aware of this. They pretty much get rid of all the flash so you cant see any flash at all. Now to me... that is cool! In any case; in testing we have done with the folloing flash suppressors, our results are as follows. Vortex and Phantom work very close to the same getting rid of almost ALL flash with numerous types of ammo. If there was a flash at all, it was a small poof, maybe golfball size. KKF A3 and standard A2 Birdcage suppressors work well, but not nearly as well as Vortex or Phantom. Flash out of these were more like a softball or small melon size. Compare this to flash with a crowned barrel which produced gigantic beach ball balls of flame that absolutely ruined everyone's night adapted eyes! I have a video of this, but no way to post it to the net...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Phantom
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It almost sounds like you want a big flash out of the end at night the way you are askinf which one has the coolest flash. The flash supressors we are talking about do the opposite in case you were not aware of this. They pretty much get rid of all the flash so you cant see any flash at all. Now to me... that is cool! In any case; in testing we have done with the folloing flash suppressors, our results are as follows. Vortex and Phantom work very close to the same getting rid of almost ALL flash with numerous types of ammo. If there was a flash at all, it was a small poof, maybe golfball size. KKF A3 and standard A2 Birdcage suppressors work well, but not nearly as well as Vortex or Phantom. Flash out of these were more like a softball or small melon size. Compare this to flash with a crowned barrel which produced gigantic beach ball balls of flame that absolutely ruined everyone's night adapted eyes! I have a video of this, but no way to post it to the net...

i know that it takes much of the flash away, but i like some of the patterns.  for example the star pattern i see on movies and such.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Vertex or Phantom, best flash hiders on the market.

I agree.  The Bridcage may not hang up as much but the Vortex has better reduction IMHO.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]
None of these flash hiders are going to make flash like you see on the movies. That is all hollywood drama gun flash. In fact, unless I am mistken, they use special rounds to make the flash more dramatic! Real rounds with a real flash supressor will not look anythingg like that what-so-ever. In fact, the best flash hiders, like the Vortex or Phantom, you may not even see flash at all! If you do it will be a little golf ball size poof. No patterns or hoopla at all, just the way we like it!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
ok guys. thanks for the help and the clearing me up on the issues!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top