Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 9:57:00 AM EDT
can i get an adapter or something for my pre ban 10/22? i want it to have AR15 threads.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
There's some guy on E-bay that sells them with AR-15 type threads. I've seen them go for anywhere from $80 to $140. Maybe you can contact him directly and get a decent price. Or, you could get a stock barrel and have someone with a lathe or a machine shop put some threads on for you. The latter might be cheaper.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to have this done on another rifle that was 922 compliant but all of the gunsmiths I talked to were too spooked because of the laws to thread any gun at all.
I would call dyna systems and talk with them they sell tap and die sets to thread a few rifles and may be able to help you out.

www.dynasystems-ltd.com/GunFile/Products.html

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am considering the same thing.  I have a pre-ban 10/22 that I want to put an A2 FH on, and later a suppressor.  If you cant find a regular gunsmith to thread it 1/2x28 you could always take the barrel off and ship it to a Class 2 manufacturer that will know the laws and thread it for you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top