Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 4:14:31 PM EDT
actually sort their magazines by manufacturer?

When I was at the range last week a fellow board member commented on the mix of manufacturers found in my "ready box" (a small plastic tool box that holds 28 loaded 30 round magazines perfectly).

He was surprised that the 30s were a mix of manufacturers (Colt, LaBelle, Sanchez, Okay). They all run perfectly, and I never really gave it any thought. The only difference I've ever concerned myself with was black vs green followers.

I took a look at the rest of the 30 round mags I have here, and they are from every manufacturer except Cooper. The thirty or so 20 round magazines I have are almost all Adventureline, with about a dozen Colts. No functional differences there either.

On a side note, has anyone ever noticed that there are two different colors of green followers? I didn't realize it until I was sitting here this evening loading up mags for the house gun.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't sort by manufacturer. What I do is number each magazine I own. Each mag gets its own number on the baseplate. I keep a log book with me every time I shoot. Every time i get a Failure to feed/fire or other malfunction, I make a note of which magazine was involved. When you own a ton of mags it makes it easy to track down a faulty mag that way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Chris how about what ammo was in that mag when it malfunctioned? Have you come across a problem with any type of ammo?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny, I did that today! No real reason why.
I had 4 new green followers left, so I sifted thru my box of mags that need cleaning and black followers swapped.
Picked thru them and and on a whim, grabbed all Adventure Line. So, I guess I'm guilty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top