Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 3:33:26 PM EDT
my dad just gave me a gun he aquired years ago.  just wondering if anyone has one or knows anything about it.  its a 22 pump.  here are the markings:

top of barrel - AMADEO ROSSI S.A.
right side barrel - MADE IN BRAZIL
left side barrel - INTERARMS, ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA
behind rear site - .22 S-L-LR
left side reciever - ROSSI emblem

i found a rossi website but couldnt find any info on this model.  it looks exactly like the one on this page www.weareguns.com/Taurusm62.htm but there is no tauras markings on this one.  did they buy them out or something.  just curious about this rifle.  thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sound like a gallery gun. Rossi made them a few years back, I don't know if they still do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one just like it. It was one of the guns beside the .22 chipmunk bolt that I started shooting with when I was 5.  They are nice shooting little guns.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got one just like it. It was one of the guns beside the .22 chipmunk bolt that I started shooting with when I was 5.  They are nice shooting little guns.
Bill3508

bill... roughly how old do you think it is according to your age at the time and your age now.  basically.... how old are you bill?  thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Durk,
  I'm 25 now so I guess I probably shot that gun from when I was 6-10 years old.  Use to shoot it at the log pile with my dad in the mountains.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
my dad just gave me a gun he aquired years ago.  just wondering if anyone has one or knows anything about it.  its a 22 pump.  here are the markings:

top of barrel - AMADEO ROSSI S.A.
right side barrel - MADE IN BRAZIL
left side barrel - INTERARMS, ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA
behind rear site - .22 S-L-LR
left side reciever - ROSSI emblem

i found a rossi website but couldnt find any info on this model.  it looks exactly like the one on this page www.weareguns.com/Taurusm62.htm but there is no tauras markings on this one.  did they buy them out or something.  just curious about this rifle.  thanks for any info.

Its a winchester copy, taurus makes it now.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top