Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 11:38:45 AM EDT
Just picked up a .50 cal Beowolf from Alexander Arms www.alexanderarms.com. This thing is chambered for .50 Beowolf (very similiar to .50A&E)  uses standard AR .223 mags with slight modified feed lips. Quality looks excellant. will give a range report as sson as i get a chance  take it out to range.
I bet this thing is going to be loud.
Mack M.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mack,

totaly unfamiliar wyth what you are talking about, is it anythyng similar to the .50 BMG ???
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#2]
CJ,

Check out the site he posted and you'll see.

gewehr3.hypermart.net/fagan/index.htm
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
www.alexanderarms.com/beoammo.html  Go there to read about the ammo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
bro,

thank you...! that is absolutely amazing !! all i can say is WoW..!!!!!!

& the price is right !!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
A little more info on the Beowolf- Basic AR upper and lower by Rock River Arms. Standard AR bolt carrier w/7.62x39 bolt. Uses standard AR mags (steel mags only, aluminum mags not recommended) with the feed lips modified slightly (they reccommend Pro-Mags). 7rnds fit in standard 20rnd .223 mag and 11-12rnds fit in 30rnd .223 mag. Barrel looks like a heavy match barrel stepped and hogged out to .50cal. Standard Colt Detachable carry handle/sight assy. and detachable front sight assy. Cartridge looks very similiar to 50AE only slightly shorter OAL with a rebated head resembling 7.62 base. Pushes a 325grn bullet at 1900fps. The ejection port has been enlarged, thus the dust cover has been removed (the mounting ears are still left on the reciever because they are in the process of designing a dust shield to fit). You can get just the upper and attach it to a standard AR lower.Recoil approx. like a 20ga. Ear protection highly reccommended. Not really any more expensive than any other high end AR.
Mack M.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
OMG I just saw this rifle and cartridge at the funshow yesterday.  Looks like a zippy little round.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya'll will be happy to know that Alexander Arms donated one of these on Friday, for the BRC...

Actually, what they donated was a complete upper and magazine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top