Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 5:02:53 PM EDT
Wilson's Remington Steal package states that they do a conversion to 3', does anyone know what that means?  I am guessing that they lengthen the slide distance to accommodate 3' shells and you still need to get a 3inch chambered barrel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It is only the chamber that they alter, not the slide itself. These are the former Scattergun Technology shotguns. Wilson bought them out & moved them from Nashville to Arkansas.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My 'smith will do a 3" conversion for $25.  If that is all you want get it done local.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, so I can shoot 3' shells from an 870 originally chambered for 2 3/4???

Call me crazy, but I thought barrels chambered for 3' were heavier.  What am I missing??
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Worst shot gun I ever bought was from Wilson.

Please elaborate.  I have been thinking about one of their 11-87's.  If they are no good, it would help me to know why.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worst shot gun I ever bought was from Wilson.

Please elaborate.  I have been thinking about one of their 11-87's.  If they are no good, it would help me to know why.  Thanks in advance.

I bought the K-9 model from Scattergun a year or so before they were purchased by Wilson.  The K-9 is a modified 1187.  I got them to add a Surefire light to it.  I had nothing but problems with this gun.  It wouldn't cycle, even with powerful turkey loads.  Shells would drop out the bottom when the gun was fired.  I contacted Scattergun, and they sent a new trigger group, but the problems persisted.  I finally gave up and bought a standard 870 and made modifications myself.  I had NO confidence in that Scattergun, and certainly wouldn't put my life in its hands.  Their customer service sucked as well, although I've heard it's much better now that Wilson is in the driver's seat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top