Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2002 7:12:57 PM EDT
hi all

I gotta a springfield g3 clone and im having problems with cocking it.  I cant cock the freaking rifle.  if i put it on the ground and push down on it, it will cock, but i know that this isnt right. if i pull the trigger pack out, it works fine.  One the trigger pack is on and i add the buttstock, it is almost impossible to cock.  has anyone had this problem?  does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Clearly you have a problem. Closely examine the trigger group as that seems to be your trouble area. Is your hammer out of alignment or anything else not where it's supposed to be? Whatever you do, don't continue to forcefully cock the gun until you remedy the problem.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Bob Cole, forcing things is a good way to break them.  When you take the trigger group out, can you cock it easily with your hand?  You should be able to.

With the trigger group out, and the bolt carrier removed, how easy is it to slide the cocking handle around in its tube?  Is it getting hung up anywhere?

Check your bolt carrier for scuff marks, strange scratches or any other evidence of being forced into place (with your forced cockings)... perhaps this will help provide a clue as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
are there any pics of what the trigger pack should look like?  can i replace the trigger pack with one from a cetme parts kit?  

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
From reading your post, I'm not sure if when you tried it without the trigger pack you had the stock on or not.  Bob Cole may have it right, but check the recoil spring on the stock and make sure its in good condition and lines up correctly when you put it in the receiver.  If the recoil rod & spring isn't going in straight (or is maybe bent a little), that may be your problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi all,

well i got home this afternoon and decided to test it without the trigger group.  well it didnt budge.  i read on another forum that one guy had the same problem and placed a washer between the cocking lever and bolt.  i tried it with a dime.  low and behold it cocked like a dream.  i put the trigger group back in and it cocked very easily.  made a couple of dry fires to make sure that i wasnt dreaming.  so i guess the problem is that the plunger or the bolt is a little short.  would it be ok if i adhered a thin enough washer to the bolt?  is there an easy way to remove the cocking lever and add the washer to that?  i was thinking about getting a cetme parts gun to change the cocking lever (if it is easy) or change the bolt.  im fairly new to this rifle and i want to do this the best way i know how.

thanks
lojack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top