Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 5:47:49 PM EDT
I just put purchased my my Marlin guide gun yesterday and now and confused as to what optics to put on it. i was set on putting the Leupold 2.5 power IER on it with the AO bases. But Im not sure if I want that set-up or a red dot scope. maybe a Pro-point or something. What optics do you use. Suggestions please
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the "Ashley Outdoor" ghost ring iron site.  I chose not to put optic on this rifle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here,I still have the irons,but I'm gonna get an AO ghost ring also...I just can't bring myself to scope a carbine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here. the AO ghostrings are the way to go. this rifle just begs for iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Ashley Scout base on a 444 Outfitter, and I use multiple optics depending on what I will be doing.
I plan on adding the AO ghost rings for yet another option.

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the Williams Aperature with an orange front blade,it is easy to get on with this gun very quick. I really like it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
They are a hell of a lot fun no matter how you shoot it.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I also like the Williams aperture with the insert removed.  Sort of a "ghost ring" look and OK for my 47-yr eyes.  

A 300 grain JSP over 50 grains or IMR 3031 is a hoot to shoot.   There's no mistaking that it went off.  Kills at both ends; mows right through a 12" diameter tree and keeps on going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top