Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 11:12:13 PM EDT
I need any info. you guys can give me about their garands, like which one to get. What can I expect in accuracy and quality? This will be a range gun used at 100 yards. I know nothing about M1s and would like to learn more. Thanks Jay
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Do search on "CMP Garands". Lots of info...!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]
When you get it send it to Orion7 in NY to have it checked out, they are first class.  Gene
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this link for the CMP inspection and repair process. It'll give you a good idea of the condition a CMP Garand is in.

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/inspect.htm

Right now, they are on at least a two-week backlog on opening the mail - SO GET YOUR ORDER IN FAST.

In the hands of a capable shooter, the CMP M1's should give you 2MOA with surplus ammo. (that's 2" groups at 100 yards)

Quality? Second to none. Good old fashioned American craftsmanship. The kinda thing that makes you proud to be an America. Uh-huh, uh-huh.

Springfield made the majority of them, and I would say if yer gonna own just one, get a Springfield. Personally, my fourth is on order, so I ordered an International Harvester. Winchsters  are the most collectable.

To learn more, get Scott Duff's book from www.fultonarmory.com  Look for the "books you need" link in the left column. Get the "Owners Guide" with the green cover.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm still waiting on freakin paperwork from the TSRA as far as my membership, and waiting for a buddy to get my scorecard from a match I shot with his dad and brother.  I have a serious itch going on for a Garand...

... and I'm developing an itch for an M1 Carbine....  

M@
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have CMP Garand. I puta note on order that I would like a good shooter for local DCM competion but not interested in parts matching. I received in 28 days a 1943 Springfield Armory that had been rebuilt with a new(1944)unshot barrel and ALL other parts were Winchester in new condition also. Stock was nasty and after cleaning/refinshing looks great. Probably needs to be bedded but I shimed it up slightly so works for me! It in my poor hands can shoot at 200 yards the same as my Armilite AR-15A2. Go to Culvers Shooting Page for complete info. Biggest problem you will have is finding cheap ammo for it that can be safely used in it. CMP is running out. Also call and see if they will sell you clips seperate as a parts order-they used too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
get the service grade, you'll love it !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top