Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2002 9:04:20 PM EDT
Hey there,
I have an Oly arms A2 upper and its not really that old or used and the rear sight wobbles from left to right about 3-4mm. I have never noticed it on other AR's so is this normal? If not what should I do to fix it??

Many thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the rear sight at its highest elevation when it wobbles?  That would be normal.

If it is at its lowest seting, it should not wobble at all.

However....

You can avoid the problem altogether and replace the A2 upper with an A1 upper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
its on the lowest setting,you really think Oly has passed something that didnt work correctly to me?? I would be very very angry!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
okay i just checked it again,when its on the highest setting it doesnt wobble at all,only when its on 8/3
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are referring to how when viewed from above you can rotate it slightly AND it springs back, that is normal. It's how it is supposed to be on a mil spec sight. It's spring loaded.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you are referring to how when viewed from above you can rotate it slightly AND it springs back, that is normal. It's how it is supposed to be on a mil spec sight. It's spring loaded.

Thanks Pthfndr for that bit of knowledge...that's exactly what my Bushy M4 upper's rear sight does, and I was disconcerted at first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top