Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 2:05:30 PM EDT
Well a lot of you guys know, I took a risk and bought a SW5 stamped receiver and had it built by Jayson at IGF.  I got it back this week.  First I got in trouble because I had it sent to work and my nosy boss looked in the box without asking.  But the rifle looks great with minor cosmetic weld problem.  As far as functioning, WOW!  I took it to the range and it was shooting a tad high at 50yards. Nice 2 inch groups.  100 rounds of IMI 9mm, 124 grains, 100 rounds of yellow box Remington 9mm, 115 grains and 50 rounds of Winchester silvertips.  Not one hiccup or failure! NO FTE, NO FTF, nothing. The range guy was getting mad at me for fast follow-up shots.

As far as the bemish is concerned, the weld around the cocking tube area was not even and when they ground it down, some pits were left.
But its a minor cosmetic problem at most.

I would recommend Jayson to anyone.  He is fast with his responses and takes time to answer stupid questions.  Fast turn around time as well.  Used to take 2-3 weeks.  Unfortuately the HK clone types have found him and now the wait is more like 5-6 weeks.

Total cost:

SW5 recevier $425
Parts        $570
Assembly     $386

I did have some up-grades like a paddle mag release and palstic lower.

Hopefully I will have some pics soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top