Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 6:36:44 PM EDT
My FFL/SOT got mine in about a month ago, and he and I took it out to put it through its paces today.  He "lets me" shoot it in his presence pending Form 4 approval.

Anyway, it totally rocks.  The 32-round mags didn't work so well, but the thing didn't miss a beat with the 25-rounders.  Ever digest 1000 rounds of Wolf in one afternoon?  Me neither, until today.  The Wolf 9mm worked great, so did the reloads I put through it, although they didn't have nearly the bang that the Wolf did.

It took me over 25 years of dinking around with guns, including "evil semiautomatic assault weapons," before going Class 3.  It costs a lot, but it is totally cool and I highly recommend it.

Now I've just got to start getting Wolf in 5000 round lots . . .
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to buy the .45acp and .22lr conversion kits! It's got a little more "zip" in 45 and you just have to be able to go 22 during those budget crunchs. It's a great gun! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine just got to my FFL and I got to visit it for the first time last week. It's awsome. They have a range at the shop and will let me fire it there while I wait for the paper work to clear so the wait won't be as bad. I got the 45 and 22 conversions, the grease gun mag conversion from Greg Jesionowski and a bunch of spare mags. I can't wait to get back down there and fire the thing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I too have got the bug for class III stuff with an AWC Ruger 10/22 waiting approval.
NOW for the UZI.  I have seen a broad price range on the Vector Uzi from $2750 on Gunsamerica to $3500 at my local shop.  If you don't mind me asking what is the going rate for an Uzi, Mini Uzi, and maybe a Micro Uzi.  I think I like the Mini but will have trouble justifying the $4500 price tag at the local store.  

I would spend $3000 on a Uzi.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
haulingice, mine was $2750 through David Skinner, whom I hooked up with on the Bowers board.

I *am* going to get the .22 conversion kit.  I have heard nothing but good things about it. Too bad the mags for that are so expensive.

Fingers, lemme know how the grease gun mag conversion works.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
... I'm envious. Chairborne_Ranger how long do you estimate it will take from payment to possession here in AZ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's how it worked.  I paid David Skinner (of Yuma, AZ) just before Christmas, with a check made out to Vector Arms.  He sent in the paperwork to Vector in UT.  The gun went through a Form 3 transfer process to get to my local dealer, and it appeared there on about March 8.  My dealer filled out the Form 4, I sent in fingprints and mug shots and the form signed with a CLEO signature and $200 on March 11.  My dealer tells me the ATF examiner this stuff goes to usually takes 75 days, the rule of thumb is 90 days.

The waiting, as you might think, is a pain in the ass.  Nothing like tying up close to $3K without the benefit of having the toy in your hot little hands.  At least I know the gun exists, it works, and it is in storage about four miles from my house.  Until the wait is over, that will have to do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd say $2750 is about the going price. We did a group buy here a few months ago and got ours for $2570 delivered. This deal was done through Brian at Sunset Weapon Systems. It worked pretty much the same way. Keep checking on the Subguns board and Sturmgewehr.com. There are guys putting together group buys every now and then. In my opinion it is money well spent. There are only about a thousand of these left at Vector and then thats it for the new ones so the prices will go up. They are a blast to shoot, built like a tank, come registered in 3 calibers and parts for them are easy to find. The worst part is the paper work drill and the wait. But its really not that bad, especially if you can get visitation rights while waiting on the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Chairborne-   I haven't fired it yet but getting the grease gun conversion from Greg Jesionowski works like this. You get a spare trigger assembly, an old beater one is fine and send it to Greg with $150 and he sends it back in less than a week with one mag and your trigger assembly converted. Its not the prettiest looking thing, it doesn't come back with the plastic grips and it looks more like a M10 grip and trigger assembly but allows you to use grease gun mags which he also sells brand new still in the wrapper for $8 instead of the $50 or more a pop for the Vector .45acp mags
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Greg Jesionowski isn't the only game in town.  Here's mine by Roger Loock who's been doing the Uzi Grease gun conversion longer than anyone else.  I'm very happy with mine.  Roger provided fast and excellent service.  Plus, I like how this setup doesn't change the grip angle of the lower while Greg's setup has the grip swept back.  Also Greg uses some kind of tension setup for holding the mag in place while this setup uses the regular MAC catch with NO modifications to the Grease Gun mags.
Here's a pic along with my homemade Optima sight on top.

more details here:
home.cfl.rr.com/c3stuff/uzi/m3conv/uzi_m3.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top