Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2002 3:03:37 AM EDT
What is the best hard case for use on airlines? Where can I find them?

R35
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2002 3:20:39 AM EDT by rogerb]
SKB cases are the best buy for your money for an airline case , trust me. You can get them from just about any online source, dicks, Cabelas, redat, etc.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/skb.html

http://www.innofab.com/skbgun.htm

You can go high class w/the aluminium cases, but unless you are flying with 5,000.00 custom guns they are not worth it.

-roger
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2002 4:31:55 AM EDT by HbarOwner]
PELICAN, without a doubt. Used by the military and most law enforcement agencies.
Goto www.casesforless.com
They have the best prices and customer service on the net.
You'll want a model 1700 or 1750, depending on the length of your weapon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:39:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HbarOwner:
PELICAN, without a doubt. Used by the military and most law enforcement agencies.
Goto www.casesforless.com
They have the best prices and customer service on the net.
You'll want a model 1700 or 1750, depending on the length of your weapon.

YES, PELICAN, I would not get on an airplane without one. they will take the abuse the anti-gun baggage handling gorillas can throw at them and they do throw your guns!
You will probably need to get a 2” thick open cell foam pad from a cloth store to make a cut out for the gun. The case comes with top bottom and side foam but I like a spacer to make absolutely sure the gun does not shift and it looks cool when you show up with a fun in a case with a custom foam cut out
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 4:51:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2002 4:54:03 AM EDT by rogerb]
You may also want to check out ebay for Vanguard cases, a friend bought one , seems a guy there has a non ending supply. He used his to take his weatherby to Tanzania and back, gun and case survived just fine and i think he paid less than 100.00 Pelican are also good , pay attention to the hinges , you want full lenghth piano type and no plastic latches.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:45:31 AM EDT
I'll vote for the Pelican. They are built like a vault. I've been more impressed with the Pelican cases than some of the contents in them!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:28:18 AM EDT
You can't beat a Starlight case. After having pelican and starlight, I will stick to the starlight they pay a little more attention to the little details.

www.starlightcases.com/

I should be getting a digital camera monday/tues I can send pics of any detail you want.

Clinth
Top Top